Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasted 20 bucks on the kia tech website looking for info on installing bulbs on the lower headlights . I could not find any info on how to properly remove the new for 2020 headlight base, I wanted to try l.e.d. lamps even though kia doesn't recommend doing this. I need more light as I travel deer infested country roads at night

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm probably going to tear into it myself in the next week or so. I'm guessing the headlights are accessible behind the wheel well liners, and the fogs under the lower tray. Just a guess...I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm probably going to tear into it myself in the next week or so. I'm guessing the headlights are accessible behind the wheel well liners, and the fogs under the lower tray. Just a guess...I'll let you know what I find out.
Any update on this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
you do need to take down the wheel well liner Only one ten mil and about 6 body plastic pins 3 under and five above! I did not need to remove liner completely just out of the way. I did not remove back pins or screws at the back of the wheel well.. Turned my wheel facing all the way out towards the side I was working on. folded the liner to go over wheel to give me room to work, it wont hurt the liner. My led's had to be taken apart to mount the base first then the light push in. they do have led's that do not need to be taken apart. I wanted 16000 lums and let me say these things make driving at night much better. Well when I finish I will post pics and more info!

·
Registered
80 Posts
you do need to take down the wheel well liner Only one ten mil and about 6 body plastic pins 3 under and five above! I did not need to remove liner completely just out of the way. I did not remove back pins or screws at the back of the wheel well.. Turned my wheel facing all the way out towards the side I was working on. folded the liner to go over wheel to give me room to work, it wont hurt the liner. My led's had to be taken apart to mount the base first then the light push in. they do have led's that do not need to be taken apart. I wanted 16000 lums and let me say these things make driving at night much better. Well when I finish I will post pics and more info!
What bulbs did you go with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you get any errors with replacing the turn signals and back up lights from halogen to LED? If so, how did to you mitigate this? Did you add a load resistor? Which wires did you splice into to do so?

Thank you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you get any errors with replacing the turn signals and back up lights from halogen to LED? If so, how did to you mitigate this? Did you add a load resistor? Which wires did you splice into to do so?

Thank you!
Got error on blinkers only... just put load resistor between positive and negative wires in all four corners... The wires for the twenty twenty in the front are top left looking at it and bottom right on both sides in front and in the back just put load resistor between the only two wires connected to blinkers. Now I also wired my drl to blink and my blinkers to stay on like drl using flashbacks, If you want more info I will provide picture for the drl.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see you posted two different LED headlight bulbs. 9003 and 9006. Which is it for the 2020-2021? Is the 9003 for the fog lights and 9006for the headlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts