Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But .... I have a few issues , almost 1900 miles on it .
I have noticed I have pull to the right , not real bad ... but , alignment time​
. I have this small squeak noise while the engine is hot and at an idle ,in either park or neutral , but when you give it gas it goes away , also when idleing if the radiator fan kicks on , the noise goes away .... I have narrowed it down to the alternator , maybe a bearing .
Also while I am there I will check on getting the speaker lights fixed . Not really that worried about it .... but you know its new , and I hate to think about having problems .​

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Engine squeak noise?...Did you get the recall service work done yet...AC compressor unit bolt needs to be re-torqued to prevent the squeak/squeal noise.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine squeak noise?...Did you get the recall service work done yet...AC compressor unit bolt needs to be re-torqued to prevent the squeak/squeal noise.
I did take it in for that , but mine did not fall in the group of cars that needed that idler pulley re torque , but they supposedly did it anyway .
I work on cars , and lets just say.... yesterday ... I got a little fed up with the noise and did a little investigating , and ruling out of things ;) , and anything on the drive belt for the A/C is ruled out , thats how I have narrowed it down to the alternator "area"​

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

Sorry to hear you are having some issues ~~ let us know if the dealer & Kia stand behind there product and treat you as they should ~~~:(

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys , my problems are'nt huge , and I am not all bummed out or anything , i just love this thing so much , i hate to part with it even for a day :)
BTW the noise I am hearing is not loud or anything , but it is noticeable , and it should be taken care of .​

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it in this morning , and when I got there the sevice manager asked , if when I pulled in , if it was making the noise , and I said it was , so he grabbed a mechanic and we headed out ot listen , and it made the noise for them .
Later today they called me back , and said the pull I was having was a " radial pull " , and it had a bad right front tire , and the new tire would'nt be in till in the morning , so I left it over night . They also got the light switch for the speaker lights , and the squeak is supposed to fixed as well , he said they had adjusted the tension on one of the belts ...... so we will see​

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Was gonna ask if it was just a couple turns on a tensioner for the squeel, but good thing you got that tire looked at, and you get your funny light-up LEDs all done too at the same time, so looks like it turned out good. Hope they'll make SURE the alignment is still in spec while it's there.

My Soul spends a few weekdays sitting here at home while I drive something else, but I'd still be bummed to not have the Soul sitting safely at home when not tooling around.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Picked it up tonight , the speaker light switch has'nt come in yet so I will have take it back when it comes in .
I thought they were replacing the right front tire .... but it ended up being the left front tire , and it did fix the pull , it drives perfectly straight now .
It still has the squeak , although at times I can't here it , it's almost always the same pitch .... so it's either doing it or not , so I guess when I take it back they will get a second swing at it ;) .
I can tell the guys there are really out to please , and they have'nt really let me down yet .​

1 - 9 of 9 Posts