Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I lock the car after getting out, it never locks the back hatch. I looked at user settings....what am I missing. I have to use the app to lock it.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
what kind of remote do you have - flip-key or smart key?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smart. But i should be able to walk out of the car, hit lock on the door and expect that is not too close for the back to be unlocking shouldnt I?

·
Registered
296 Posts
The smart. But i should be able to walk out of the car, hit lock on the door and expect that is not too close for the back to be unlocking shouldnt I?
Technically yes. But...
The only way to open is having the key fob real close to the back.
If you walk to the side of the car, it doesn't work/open. I have replicated this results on a 2016 and my 2019.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
if you walk around to the back with the smart key on you, you can open it. Leave the smart key some distance from the car and try the rear hatch to see if it's locked after pushing the lock button.

I have the smart key on my Soul.

You need to update your Drive info, so your questions/comments make more sense.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to find that location to edit so I can. I dont even see drive info from the phone.

Thing is, i go to the app from in my office and go to start the car (it was 111 today). And the app tells me the door is unlocked.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Trying to find that location to edit so I can. I dont even see drive info from the phone. ...
Go to the link at the bottom of this post. You can only get there from the computer app, not sure about the phone app though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've yet to find a way to "lock" the hatch. The unlock buttons don't seem to do anything either. Only way I can get in is to walk around the back with the fob on me. I use the app to start my car every day, and haven't gotten any hatch unlocked warnings yet. If I leave the doors unlocked (for a few seconds even) the app lets me know, but nothing about the hatch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lock my doors and head to the office. The app always tells me the doors are unlocked. And it takes from the third floor to almost across the parking lot to log in and lock the doors. Needless to say, cant start the car and cool it off when its 110 out.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I lock my doors and head to the office. The app always tells me the doors are unlocked. And it takes from the third floor to almost across the parking lot to log in and lock the doors. Needless to say, cant start the car and cool it off when its 110 out.
You are not alone when using the app. I can stand by the car and lock the doors,go to the app,and it will say the car is unlocked.... Obviously the app is the issue.
It must not actually check the door lock status of the car,and it’s default is to make the user lock the car prior to being able to remote start.I’m sure it’s designed this way to prevent theft,since it is not able to communicate actual lock/unlock status.
Eh,even here in Phx where it was 114 yesterday,the AC in this 2020 works very well,and cools the car quickly,leaving me think the app won’t be seeing a paid subscriber once the free period is up.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
You are not alone when using the app. I can stand by the car and lock the doors,go to the app,and it will say the car is unlocked.... Obviously the app is the issue.
It must not actually check the door lock status of the car,and it’s default is to make the user lock the car prior to being able to remote start.I’m sure it’s designed this way to prevent theft,since it is not able to communicate actual lock/unlock status.
Eh,even here in Phx where it was 114 yesterday,the AC in this 2020 works very well,and cools the car quickly,leaving me think the app won’t be seeing a paid subscriber once the free period is up.
aren't apps constantly updated if glitches are found???? Here in Canada it's free for the first 5 years, not sure in the US.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts