Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Has anyone ever tried adding rear vents to a Soul?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  MonsterSoul 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, does the Soul in any market for gen 3 have a rear vent?

If not, anyone ever just put an appropriately sized vent and/or USB from a used car cut and glued into the center console for the rear passengers?

I figure even if it turns out there's no easy access point to run a insulated tube from the front to that vent, you could install any old USB powered fans and somewhere else give it a little intake, and at least have some air blowing on rear passengers that looks factory, unlike those headrest battery powered fans you see on Amazon, lol!

For example for $30 or so (like below) you could get a used console vent from another vehicle, cut a hole appropriate for the center console and use a black adhesive, and then just put a high flow appropriately sized fan behind it.
Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

I googled, but most results were for base trims of vehicles just putting in the center consoles from upper trims and nothing for the Soul.

See less See more
#3 ·
Most cars have that, but its usually intended to bring heat to the rear, since hot air rises. But since cool air sinks and its by the toes, they won't really get any cooling effect from the breeze or from the cold air except on their tootsies. :p

#7 ·
I can see all your posts. Well, for the past few weeks its been 100oF+ in the shade everyday, heat index even higher, so cooling is important. Worst case scenario, they look a bit ghetto, but for a few bucks I can throw one or two of these for the back passengers on the back of the headrest:
Photograph Light Blue Automotive design Product

Its just not as professional looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.