Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,902 Posts
Ain't that the truth GEO, that plastic drives me nuts trying to keep the scratches to a minimum. I use the MR. Clean magic eraser to remove the shoe scuffs and light scratches, it works pretty good.

Pat.
Thanks for the magic eraser tip Pat!

I saw a video that showed a light use of a heat gun can help scratches disappear too, but never tried it.

Reactions: sube

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
270 Posts
Also not directly related, but something you don't see everyday in Soul
When the garage door opener failed, we did not bother to replace it. Coincidentally, it was a cheap security upgrade. $0.00.

If I chose to live in a part of Brazil where armed security was deemed necessary, I would opt for a semi-automatic rifle and likely a sawed-off shotgun.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Good idea westslope. I think I'd get the camo paint job too. It looks like a rough area.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That didn't scare me bbs. It's the scratches on that dang hard touch plastic that bug me. That stuff is unforgiving on the lower door panels.
Yeah I agree. I just had to get over it because it was too good of a place for pistol placement. I'll sand it real light an heat gun it before trading in...or just leave it because they never seem to notice when you do trade in LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
LOL! Is that 'strip bait'?

I wonder how long that Soul would last in East LA. Favelas in Brasil? 2 hours, maybe?
2 hours tops! I think it's a wrap, so it would get peeled or burned off pretty fast.

It's kinda nice looking, but would attract way too much attention.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thanks for the magic eraser tip Pat!

I saw a video that showed a light use of a heat gun can help scratches disappear too, but never tried it.
Yeah I read somewhere you can use a heat gun, never tried it myself either, but you sure would want to be careful that plastic can melt in a hurry.

Pat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll stay here in sunny LA, where I feel no need for such hardware.
Will keep spending my money on fun things, like Souls and Ducatis.
And special herbs and spices. :LOL:
Sounds rational to me. Serious follows.

Using a hand gun in North America for personal protection makes no sense unless perhaps you are operating in a black market.

The data is horrible. The only thing private gun ownership accomplishes ex ante is a higher rate of suicide. If contemplating suicide, please pull over into a rest area before pulling the trigger so as to minimize the inconvenience for the fellow citizens.

Folks would be better off exercising and if really nervous taking mixed marshall art training. Folks would be better off learning how to read a street and assess risk. Lots of formal instruction available for the former; less available for the latter. Learning how to 'respect' people who are different from you will go a long way to keep you and yours safe.

As for carrying longer guns in Brazil, that was partially in jest, partially to highlight the relative uselessness of hand guns. I would likely never carry a gun for defensive purposes and if firearm-based security was ever deemed necessary, would hire trained professionals to carry the firearms.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Sadly many people I know don't possess a high level of situational awareness. OK, even a low level.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sounds rational to me. Serious follows.

Using a hand gun in North America for personal protection makes no sense unless perhaps you are operating in a black market.

The data is horrible. The only thing private gun ownership accomplishes ex ante is a higher rate of suicide. If contemplating suicide, please pull over into a rest area before pulling the trigger so as to minimize the inconvenience for the fellow citizens.

Folks would be better off exercising and if really nervous taking mixed marshall art training. Folks would be better off learning how to read a street and assess risk. Lots of formal instruction available for the former; less available for the latter. Learning how to 'respect' people who are different from you will go a long way to keep you and yours safe.

As for carrying longer guns in Brazil, that was partially in jest, partially to highlight the relative uselessness of hand guns. I would likely never carry a gun for defensive purposes and if firearm-based security was ever deemed necessary, would hire trained professionals to carry the firearms.
This is NOT gun forum or a social justice discussion. No one asked for your uneducated opinion on the ins and outs of gun ownership or the 2nd Amendment. Please find the door.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes. Having some situational awareness can go a long way.
If you're not paying attention and are just oblivious to what goes on around you,
a pistol in your pocket won't save yer dumb azz.
But the bad guys will be glad to see you. :D
See above. This is about cars, not your opinion on why or why not anyone should own a firearm. Take it elsewhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is NOT gun forum or a social justice discussion. No one asked for your uneducated opinion on the ins and outs of gun ownership or the 2nd Amendment. Please find the door.

You're right, it's not a gun forum, so why is there a giant discussion on where to hide a gun?

Because someone is interested.

Also, it's not YOUR forum, so your opinion on whether or not someone should "take it elsewhere" is just an attempt to control opinions you don't like, but your opinion is no better than anyone else's, so if you don't like the responses, find the door? And if your opinion is better somehow, please do explain how, thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You're right, it's not a gun forum, so why is there a giant discussion on where to hide a gun?

Because someone is interested.

Also, it's not YOUR forum, so your opinion on whether or not someone should "take it elsewhere" is just an attempt to control opinions you don't like, but your opinion is no better than anyone else's, so if you don't like the responses, find the door? And if your opinion is better somehow, please do explain how, thanks.
My opinion is better because its based in truth and I am right. We are discussing WHERE to store a firearm in the Kia, NOT whether or not someone should have one or the reasons on whether or not to own one. That is an ENTIRELY different discussion. If you can't see that, can't help you. Again, find the door.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hell of an argument. Because I said so.
Glad thing I didn't come in here for a good argument.
I don't come in here to argue at ALL, but rather to answer a question that has nothing to do with your subject matter.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.