Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to figure out a clever way to mount a handgun in the front passenger compartment of my 2020 Soul LX. We can have a loaded gun in the car in Missouri. I don't want to put it in the glove box or armrest. Wherever I end up stashing the Glock 22 it needs to escape casual detection and be easy to access. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
621 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to figure out a clever way to mount a handgun in the front passenger compartment of my 2020 Soul LX. We can have a loaded gun in the car in Missouri. I don't want to put it in the glove box or armrest. Wherever I end up stashing the Glock 22 it needs to escape casual detection and be easy to access. Anybody got any ideas?
There seems to be a lot of room under the front seats, and it's mostly uncluttered. Maybe mount a Kydex-type holster
just up out of sight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I keep the handgun on me, actually. Not thrilled with leaving a firearm in the vehicle, and usually make my wife go in if the establishment doesn't allow handguns.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I put a Kydex holster on the door pocket. It is easily accessible and I can keep it out of sight. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had considered cutting a slot in the dash and using a magnetic mount but I don't see a likely place. I like the kydex holster under the seat. I like the pocket idea incorporated into a seat cover of some sort. Still in the idea stage...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had considered cutting a slot in the dash and using a magnetic mount but I don't see a likely place. I like the kydex holster under the seat. I like the pocket idea incorporated into a seat cover of some sort. Still in the idea stage...
I think you're overthinking this idea. Hang a holster on the door, slide it back out of view when needed, and forward when driving for quick access.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Soul
4 Posts
I use a strong flat round magnet to attach mt Glock to the side on my nightstand with double sided tape. Think it could be used under dash or seat

·
Registered
127 Posts
Although not directly related - Here is a little humor related to Disguised Weapons. Read the other posts stuff - it's awesome! Start with the "Top Rated" ones.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,902 Posts
Also not directly related, but something you don't see everyday in Soul

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a small lock box under my seat that is secured by a cable to the seat post. Pretty sure Midway carries them for about $25.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a small lock box under my seat that is secured by a cable to the seat post. Pretty sure Midway carries them for about $25.
Not ideal when needed in any situation. Good for transporting, but not practical for real use when needed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I guess the photo of an actual pistol scared people LOL

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,902 Posts
I guess the photo of an actual pistol scared people LOL

That didn't scare me bbs. It's the scratches on that dang hard touch plastic that bug me. That stuff is unforgiving on the lower door panels.

Reactions: bbslider001

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
270 Posts
That didn't scare me bbs. It's the scratches on that dang hard touch plastic that bug me. That stuff is unforgiving on the lower door panels.
LOL!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Ain't that the truth GEO, that plastic drives me nuts trying to keep the scratches to a minimum. I use the MR. Clean magic eraser to remove the shoe scuffs and light scratches, it works pretty good.

Pat.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.