Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just to let you know, I just started a topic on SoulHamsters to plan the second edition of the Niagara Falls meet...
I'm looking foward our second edition of Hamsters in the Mist, the international meet at Niagara Falls. I feel we should start talking about it.

First off, last year it was the 4th, the first weekend of June. I wrote the second for this year's on Facebook because it's also the first weekend of June. Is that good for you?

Also, is there something different from last year we should do? (don't talk about that morning rain we had, please :p )

Here's the link to SH for cross reference:
Hamsters In The Mist II - Prep - Soul Hamsters Forum

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Can't wait for part 2. I think the only issue is an alternate plan in case it rains. Otherwise the location was good.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Yeah, great location. Sorry we baled out early last year due to the weather. The feedback I've heard was that the only available picnic tables are a long way from the car park, so maybe people bringing folding tables and chairs to the gig would be sensible? I'm sure people will wish to eat reasonably close to their cars. It's doubtful that the weather could be so awful two years in a row, but some kind of bad weather plan definitely needs to be there for contingency purposes.

People will drive a good distance for this one so you need to have a worst case scenario plan set up to avoid disappointment.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Oh Yeah...tempest gets a second tour of the falls in a bottle.

guys and Gals, IT WILL NOT RAIN this year..

Looking forward to the 2nd Annual International Meet.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
cant wait!!!.....lol.... and another chance for you to fall in whilst chucking me over.....

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Nope, this time, I shall be prepared. Will bring rock(s) to place in plastic bottle to add weight to it. Will put Canadian rocks in so You can get thrown a little further without me falling in, this time. Will still want said bottle to float so that you can watch as you are going over the Falls. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
vanilla boxcar, GREAT.. The more the merrier. It is still early but last year when we left Toronto it was about 8:30 AM We wanted to be in Niagara by 10:00 AM .
We did stop in Burlington last year to pick up 2 more Souls for our convoy. There should be 4 to 6 of us leaving Toronto (hopefully more) ans we could meet with you at about 9- 9:30ish.
We can exchange cell #'s when we get closer to June. :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
My advice to you would be to dress your monkey like a Hamster because, first of all, he will fit right in and also as per MT-Ed's document:

Rabbits, Guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets and other pet rodents
There are no CDC or FWS restrictions or requirements on these animals if brought in as pets.

Homer1, now that you are happy, please hold off and don't slap your monkey silly with joy

What are the rules for taking a monkey across the border?

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
:laughonfloor:laughonfloor:laughonfloor:laughonfloor:laughonfloor:laughonfloor

Since when has a ferret been a rodent?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Something interesting here by Der00:
After last years rain delay I was thinking. Those were some nasty storms that rolled through. So what if we were able to get a picnic pavilion? There is plenty of parking, the restrooms are close by, There is even a playground for the kiddos (and the young at heart) and all with a beautiful back drop that is a 5 minute drive from the falls. Whirlpool State Park. We can rent a pavilion for the day. Oh yeah free parking. Just a thought and here is the link to the parks web site Whirlpool State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

There are plenty of picnic tables at that end of the island. I just think by that time we were to worried about the wind, rain and thunderstorms coming thought again to set anything up.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Man, I wish I could join you all for that. I have plans to go to Toronto the weekend before :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Yes, it is only 4 to 5 hours away from Pittsburgh. Or you can stay in Toronto an extra week and we could drive down with you to the Falls.

Would LOVE to have Pittsburgh represented one way or another :)

Man, I wish I could join you all for that. I have plans to go to Toronto the weekend before :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 83 Posts