Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the alternator today but in the process I damaged the plug. Is there anyone with a 1st gen that could take a picture of the plug that connects to the alternator. Mine is the 2 wire version. I think I have it back together correctly but I would like to be certain as I cannot find any diagrams for the 2 wire 3 pin oval plug.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I broke the wires from the plastic connector when I changed mine. It should be empty-blue-pink. I did discover mine drove fine with the wires backwards, the battery light just stayed on, even with the battery voltage reading normal at idle and while driving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I broke the wires from the plastic connector when I changed mine. It should be empty-blue-pink. I did discover mine drove fine with the wires backwards, the battery light just stayed on, even with the battery voltage reading normal at idle and while driving.
As the plug is more or less vertical, looking from the top of the motor would the empty spot be on the top or bottom?

·
Registered
649 Posts
When I have looked on my 2011 diagrams I noticed that the wiring is different on the 1.6L engine, versus the 2.0L engine. Don't know why... but it's something to consider.

·
Registered
528 Posts
sorry late reply, attached photos, my alternator is bottom right on engine, engine is on passenger side of car
IMG_20191214_164400.jpg
IMG_20191214_164459.jpg
IMG_20191214_164837.jpg
IMG_20191214_164707.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the rubber grommets correspond to the color of the wire than the blue is on top red in the middle and empty on the bottom. I think I have something strange going on. This is how I replaced my wires in the first place but the batt light come on and was showing 14.4 v at the battery. When I switched the wires as suggested for the 1.6 it worked fine. I wonder if the rectifier the shop put in was for a 1.6?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello I need your help please with the pin out of a 2012 Soul GDI Alternator Pig-Tail.

I bought this car after a front end collision. The alternator wire wire harness (2 wires) were cut and the plug was missing.

I’ve searched online for pics or diagrams but have not found any that show the color of the wires like mine. I’ve gone to all the junk yards within 100 miles of my house but have not found and plugs like mine. I did find a 1 wire plug like mine on a Hyundai. I got it in hopes to build my own 2wire pig-tail.

My wires appear to be White and Brown w/ white stripe. Can anyone tell me which one goes to each terminal (top/bottom).
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello I need your help please with the pin out of a 2012 Soul GDI Alternator Pig-Tail.

I bought this car after a front end collision. The alternator wire wire harness (2 wires) were cut and the plug was missing.

I’ve searched online for pics or diagrams but have not found any that show the color of the wires like mine. I’ve gone to all the junk yards within 100 miles of my house but have not found and plugs like mine. I did find a 1 wire plug like mine on a Hyundai. I got it in hopes to build my own 2wire pig-tail.

My wires appear to be White and Brown w/ white stripe. Can anyone tell me which one goes to each terminal (top/bottom).
Thank you in advance.

Thank you in advance.
Well I had not heard from y’all about this so I continued to search online. I looked at used alternators for my car on EBay. I do found one with the wires shown in the pics. Then I competed the pigtail build for mine. Problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts