Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching savagegeese youtuber review, he indicates that the GT Line gets more aggressive dampers than the other trims (see below). I can't find that confirmed anywhere else. Anyone know for sure? I'd like the softest ride possible, so is the EX the better option? I know there's also a 18" vs 17" wheel size difference in the EX's favor, but was curious if the shocks really are softer too.
Automotive exterior Font Electric blue Midnight Magenta

Just wanted to double-check, as it wouldn't be the first time a youtuber said something that was totally wrong.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
Watching savagegeese youtuber review, he indicates that the GT Line gets more aggressive dampers than the other trims (see below). I can't find that confirmed anywhere else. Anyone know for sure? I'd like the softest ride possible, so is the EX the better option? I know there's also a 18" vs 17" wheel size difference in the EX's favor, but was curious if the shocks really are softer too.
View attachment 139933

Just wanted to double-check, as it wouldn't be the first time a youtuber said something that was totally wrong.
Dang, it looks to me like all lines get the same suspension, but the GT line gets bigger (wider: 235) tires. Maybe that's the extra "cush" he's feeling? I dunno.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Just looking at Kiapartsnow it shows 3 different struts and different front springs for a 2021 model, the most recent model year it would search for. It does appear the turbo for sure has a different damper and given that there are 2 more for the 2.0 available it would make sense that they do have different ones.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
Just looking at Kiapartsnow it shows 3 different struts and different front springs for a 2021 model, the most recent model year it would search for. It does appear the turbo for sure has a different damper and given that there are 2 more for the 2.0 available it would make sense that they do have different ones.
For sure the turbo had a better suspension system then. But 2023 ended that with the turbo muerto.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd love to know the spring rates and damping rates/curves for each one, and if they're physically compatible with the 2nd gen... :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MechanicalLXSEXGT-Line
2.0L I-4, Multi-Port Injection (MPI) engineSSSS
Intelligent Variable Transmission (i-IVT)SSSS
Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS)SSSS
McPherson strut and stabilizer barSSSS
Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (CTBA)SSSS
RS Shock Absorber------S

I just found this in a specification sheet confirming the GT line has unique shocks but otherwise no change it seems. Hopefully it's not too stiff combined with the lower profile tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts