Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but just your egos :p Back in the day, I used to own a Saturn Ion Redline, and one thread that I thought was funny was comparing that car to performance cars that were just a few years older. It was funny to see how much progress was made with the supercharged 2.0 offered by GM at the time. Fast forward to today, and Kia has really taken the baton with the 1.6t. Here is a brief list of all the "performance" cars from just a few years ago that compare to the 1.6 turbo's 0-60 time of 6.3 seconds (93 octane of course). This is all just bench racing, so please keep "high horse" posts to a minimal.

• 1991 Acura NSX Compare Car 0-60 mph 5.7 | Quarter mile 14.2
  • 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 MultiAir Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.5
  • 1958 Aston Martin DB4 GT Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.1
  • 1998 Aston Martin DB7 Volante Compare Car 0-60 mph 7.2
  • 1990 Bentley Turbo R Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.8
  • 1997 Bentley Continental T Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.4
  • 1981 BMW M1 Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.1
  • 1997 BMW Z3 (2.8L) Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.2
  • 1970 Buick GSX Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.2
  • 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS Compare Car 0-60 mph 7.9
  • 1973 Corvette (454ci) Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.3
  • 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 H.O. Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.6
  • 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.6
  • 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.0
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.3
  • 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390 Compare 0-60 mph 6.3
  • 1979 Ford Mustang Cobra Compare 0-60 mph 8.3
  • 1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Compare 0-60 mph 5.9

And that's just part of the list. There's more here https://www.zeroto60times.com/ And, I'm sure someone will chime in with some jackhole response, which is fine. I'm sure there are a few people out there that don't own the 1.6t but are ok with salty comments. This isn't a thread for you guys. This thread is for current and former owners of the 1.6t, as it's a very fun little car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It really is impressive that modern engine management,combined with some solid gear matching,can accomplish.

This little bugger is decently quick for what it is.It by no means can hold a candle to my other toy,but not much can LOL.

But,like Dejay said,I will improve on it where I can,just because I can’t leave anything alone.

Stock Sucks!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a peppy lil box :) I should be in the 5's 0-60 by the end of summer.
They did start you off on the right foot. One thing to consider, might want to see if there's anything out in the market to beef up the clutch on the DCT. That was the first point of failure I saw in my 2018. I'm glad Kia warranty didn't treat that clutch like the clutch on a manual transmission, "Oh that's considered normal wear and tear...". Definitely looking forward to see what kind of power you can squeeze out of that thing.

It really is impressive that modern engine management,combined with some solid gear matching,can accomplish.

This little bugger is decently quick for what it is.It by no means can hold a candle to my other toy,but not much can LOL.

But,like Dejay said,I will improve on it where I can,just because I can’t leave anything alone.

Stock Sucks!!!
It's definitely a scrapper. The greatest joys I had with it were when a full sized truck tried to keep me from merging, and the turbo would kick in and the truck would have to tuck its tail between its legs and fall in behind me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But can someone tell me with the scc with stop and go, gets to 5mph and shuts off?
Smart Cruise Control is a new technology and I'm sure it's not 100% baked in, probably a better idea would be to post this question in the tech or drivetrain forum. My guess is not a lot of owners have SCC and won't know what you mean.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had an amusing experience with someone driving a charger with an obnoxious exhaust. I’m guessing it was a V6 because he got a little pissed when he wasn’t out accelerating me from a stop light...nose to nose until 50 when I let off...he kept going till 70ish...I said “go get those cops for me!”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts