Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the land of Santa Claus, between Sweden and Russia :p
Ordered a Java Brown Soul yesterday (my first new car :cool:
Traded in my Ford Focus ST170. I´ve actually never driven nor seen a Soul yet so i hope the car lives up to my expectations :eek:

Now to the bad news: my dealer said that i have to wait approx. 16 weeks for the car :(

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hello to Finland! You're te first Soul owner from Finland as far as I know! Welcome and have fun!

That's a loooong wait!

What engine did you go with? Diesel or gasoline?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello to Finland! You're te first Soul owner from Finland as far as I know! Welcome and have fun!

That's a loooong wait!

What engine did you go with? Diesel or gasoline?
It´s a 1.6-gasoline with 126 bhp.
The version is "Shine" which is the 2nd cheapest model.
Others models in Finland are Graphite, Retro Chic and Street Burner.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

Welcome to our world & congrats on your new soul ~~i dont think you will be disappointed , i have had alot of vehicles in my day this is by far my favorite of all i have the Java ! exclaim here in the states , also being part of this forum with all these great people makes it even better :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hello and Congrats on your new Soul! So sorry u have such a long wait, but it will be worth it!!!

My Tropical Soul

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Yes, the land of Santa Claus, between Sweden and Russia :p
Ordered a Java Brown Soul yesterday (my first new car :cool:
Traded in my Ford Focus ST170. I´ve actually never driven nor seen a Soul yet so i hope the car lives up to my expectations :eek:

Now to the bad news: my dealer said that i have to wait approx. 16 weeks for the car :(
Hello Svante,

You are not alone we are waiting from the 23 of may.
For a bright silver one.
Tell us as soon as possible when you get the Soul.

Regards,

Crazy Dutchman RelenaRelena

·
Registered
192 Posts
What is the car in your Avatar?

Don't wait 14 weeks - Vacation in Floriida here in the States - buy a Soul here and have it shipped home. It might be very economical depending on the Import Laws for private citizens in your country. Plus you'd get the larger engine in anything other than the base model.

Welcome to the group..
FWIW,
Carl B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the car in your Avatar?

Don't wait 14 weeks - Vacation in Florida here in the States - buy a Soul here and have it shipped home. It might be very economical depending on the Import Laws for private citizens in your country. Plus you'd get the larger engine in anything other than the base model.

Welcome to the group..
FWIW,
Carl B.
Hi again.
The car in the avatar is my summer-toy; a 700 cc Smart Roadster Coupé http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc285/svalkein/Autot/vng-795.jpg

So i´ve waited for my Soul for 6 months now, the dealer told my last friday that the car has been manufactured now but it is still in Korea. It will arrive here after two months which means an 8-month wait- i bet a could have got a hand-made Ferrari quicker than that!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Greetings to you in Suomi (Finland) it is incredible that you are the first Soul Owner there, I hope you really enjoy it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome from the UK!

hopefully they're overestimating and you'll be getting a Soul for christmas - I part-exchanged a focus too - haven't missed it for a minute...enjoy:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Svante, why didn't you make a trip over here to Sweden? ;)
I might have done that if i had known it takes this long- ingen tvekan om saken!
On the other hand i think i got a good price on my Ford Focus in exchange for the Soul.

The main reason for the long wait is that the company that represents Kia´s in Finland almost went bankrupted in august, therefore they´ve had difficulties to get new cars delivered to customers.

soultosoul: the car won´t arrive until next year, i know because it takes six weeks for the ship to sail from Korea to Finland :-/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The wait is almost over! The dealer called and told me i can pick up the car next week. The good thing is that Kia has granted a 7-year warranty for cars registered in 2010, which is nice.

I´ve waited for the car 9½ months, it has to be an all time record wait for a Soul, wouldn´t you agree :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts