Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Green light in driver footwell

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  vangone 
#1 ·
My 2017 Kia Soul has a green light that shines on the left drivers foot in the footwell. Sometimes this light starts flashing red. What is this light, and why does it flash red?

#2 ·
Welcome Sheril!

To get the most out of these forums take a moment to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), page if you haven't already done so.

Also be sure to fill out your Signature with the year/trim/mileage/add-ons of your Soul along with your location. (you can use my signature as an example) This will help us to immediately know some basic information about your car that you won't need to repeat–plus you can add a photo to show off your ride. 😁

Enjoy your stay!

—Kerig

#5 ·
Could be a tracking device (like Lojack), a remote start interface module or something along those lines.

#9 ·
Agreed! It could also be one of those nanny devices from insurance companies, which I would never agree to use! 😡

Can the OP let us know how long they've owned the car and where they purchased it?

FYI, our Soul has the interior lighting system option, sans the lighted speakers, and it glows steady. But the passenger footwell glows, not the driver's. Plus the cup holders and power-outlet shelf also glows and the color can be changed by a button hidden within that shelf, so I doubt that's what you're seeing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.