Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted the other day about my brake fluid light appearing when I accelerate from stop. Now I had my sun roof open, tried to close it and it refuses to close. It will go about half way, gets REALLY slow, then reverts back to fully open. Tried it about 10+ times. Check the railing, nothing blocking it. There's tons of lubricant on the rails and the part that slides on the rails.

It has been closing slowly for a while now. Now it goes really slow towards the end and just stops. Certified pre-owned car, I've had it for about 4 months now. I drive about 10-15 miles a day. That's it. :miserable:

I'm going to have it checked out on Monday. Thank god I have a garage because it rained last night. I would have had to saran wrap the top or something.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
So I wonder what "Certified" really means these days? :)

If you look below in the box marked "Similar Threads" you'll see some chatter on this same topic.

If you get a chance, please fill out your DRIVES details so we'll all know which year and flavor of Soul you drive each time you make a post (it will appear in the left column).

Good luck and hope it doesn't rain too much.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had this issue happen twice on my sunroof recently and then I have not tried it since... did not want it getting stuck open.

Service is coming up soon so I will have them look at it then.

Let me know if you find out what the issue is, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
What are you driving?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this issue happen twice on my sunroof recently and then I have not tried it since... did not want it getting stuck open.

Service is coming up soon so I will have them look at it then.

Let me know if you find out what the issue is, thanks.
How did you get it to close? Mine is still open.

What are you driving?
2015 Kia Soul ! (exclaim)
All of the gen 2 sun roofs will be the same.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I dropped it off. 1 hour later they had my car ready. They said they lubed the rails and they fixed my brake fluid by filling it up.

They charged me $0. I was so happy! Loving their service so far. Hopefully I don't have any big issues ever **crosses fingers**.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
Glad to hear you are back in business but, I thought you said the rails already had a lot of lube on them. Did they just need a whole mess a lube?

Also, I'd keep an eye on the brake fluid. Usually it goes low for a reason. Filling it up may be a bandaid.

Reactions: tampa8 and Buzz

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
Update: I dropped it off. 1 hour later they had my car ready. They said they lubed the rails and they fixed my brake fluid by filling it up.

They charged me $0. I was so happy! Loving their service so far. Hopefully I don't have any big issues ever **crosses fingers**.
I was going to suggest you try jumping up and down on it. Like Lucy and Ethyl would have done. But it's good that filling your brake fluid fixed the problem. Who knew the two were connected??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to hear you are back in business but, I thought you said the rails already had a lot of lube on them. Did they just need a whole mess a lube?

Also, I'd keep an eye on the brake fluid. Usually it goes low for a reason. Filling it up may be a bandaid.
Good point, I'll keep an eye on the brake fluid. I honestly haven't checked the sunroof. I haven't opened it since getting it back. I sort of don't want to out of fear of it getting stuck again. LOL. Winter is almost upon us. I won't be using it for the rest of the year. When Spring roles around I'll be back to using the Sunroof a lot again. If it gets stuck I'm under the CPO warranty and have them look at it. I just don't want it stuck again because I really need my vehicle every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts