Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, first post here. I'm a prospective buyer looking to purchase a 2012 Kia Soul+ 2.0L within a few days. Here are the specs/options..

2012 Kia Soul+ 2.0L Automatic
- Audio Package
- Autodimming Rearview Mirror w/ Compass
- Carpeted Floormats

A dealer quoted me $18,100.00 + TTL = $19,980.00 OTD. Is this a fair price? I'm comparing against Truecar and the invoice price is $18,612.00. This is the first dealer that I went to, and I will be visiting another dealership to compare. Is $18,100.00 + TTL a good deal? Based on Truecar, this price seems pretty good but just wanted to get some members' inputs. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered my soul exclaim last week. Went thru Consumers Report and got a price of $700 below invoice. This was $200 better than True Car. Less than 22K for exclaim with premium package, rear applicai, interior lighting. illuminated sills, wheel locks, and mud flap, plus tax and paperwork fee. The dealer is 110 miles away but the only travel needed is when I pick it up. No hassle and an easy and good deal around here since the best local deal is MSR and a 50 inch TV.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I bought basically the same Car & Package the end of Oct, and I paid $18,820 plus TTL.

I got the Soul + with 2.0 & UVO & the following Dealer Installed Options:

- Wheel Locks
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Liner
- Carpeted Floormats
- Auto Dim Mirror with Homelink

MSRP was $19,630, and Edmunds TMV Price was $19,095. So I saved a little bit, seeing as they weren't willing to budge very much.

Are you doing a Trade-In? Financing?

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input Blackbeard. No trade-in, but I'm planning on financing with $3,000.00 down. Do you think $17,500 + TTL would be possible?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks for your input Blackbeard. No trade-in, but I'm planning on financing with $3,000.00 down. Do you think $17,500 + TTL would be possible?
I can't really see that Price as being do-able, with the Model & Options you've got listed. The UVO Audio Upgrade, is $800-$900 alone, so without it, you might be able to obtain the $17,500. HOWEVER..... I HIGHLY Recommend the UVO! I absolutely LOVE mine! On my former and current cars/trucks, I usually buy the Model with the Basic Radio, then Upgrade my Audio at Best Buy. HOWEVER..... when I saw what the UVO had to offer, especially the Backup Camera and 8-Speaker Infinity System, I said, this time I'm Upgrading before it leaves the Lot. It's REALLY that good! The Voice-Activation is Awesome!

Looking at the Price they're offering you, $18,100 sounds about right, for your Options Package listed. That's why I was asking about a Trade-In. You would pay less Sales Tax on a New Vehicle, if you had a Trade-In., because the Sales Tax was already paid on the Trade-In when it was New. For example, I did a Trade-In for my Soul. It was a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2-Dr. Since I initially paid the Sales Tax on my Trade-In, I only owed about $100 in Sales Tax at the end of the Deal for the Soul. Not bad at all!

What's going to eat you up, is the 8.75% Cali Sales Tax, that's going to cost you about $1,583.75'ish for your New Car. That, coupled with $296.25 in Title, License, and those Wonderful Dealer Hidden Fees, that you have to sort out, which are Legal, and which are Bogus.

So, in your current position, I would see if you could check Internet Pricing with a few more Dealers, to see if you could get a better price. Weigh the Cost Difference between Dealer-To-Dealer, against the amount of miles you'd have to drive to save a Buck or two.

Please note, that right now, the Soul is an extremely popular Little Buggy, and the Dealers know it! There's not too much Budge on price, because they're Fast Sellers. The Dealer's know they'll most likely get the Holdback (Dealer's Bonus from KIA.....), if the vehicle is sold off of their Lot within 60-90 Days. If they're NOT moving, well, that's where the Buyer has more bargaining power.

The ONE advantage you have right now, is buying one by the End-Of-The-Month, which will increase Total Annual Dealership Sales, for the Dealer you choose to buy it from. Dealers obtain their Next-Year-Sales-Vehicle-Allotment, based on how many Units they sold the prior year. YOU..... could be one of those deciding factors, on how many Units that Dealer will receive for 2012. HOW BAD..... do they want your business, at 6 PM on Dec 31st, 2011? Hmmmmm?

$18,100 isn't a bad price, but I would think you might be able to get another $200-$500 off of that, if you hit the Right Dealer at the Right Time! Gotta get that UVO though..... it's a Must Have Toy!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! Thanks again Blackbeard for all the information! I have a better sense of a fair price now. Hopefully, I'll be a new Soul owner tomorrow :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
^^^ You're most Welcome, and we're keeping our fingers crossed for you! Good Luck tomorrow!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered my soul exclaim last week. Went thru Consumers Report and got a price of $700 below invoice. This was $200 better than True Car. Less than 22K for exclaim with premium package, rear applicai, interior lighting. illuminated sills, wheel locks, and mud flap, plus tax and paperwork fee. The dealer is 110 miles away but the only travel needed is when I pick it up. No hassle and an easy and good deal around here since the best local deal is MSR and a 50 inch TV.
Hi, how does one go thru Consumer Reports? I checked out the magazine's website, but saw nothing to go thru. So this is better than TrueCar? And what about Costco? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made the purchase on Saturday for $18,011.00 + TTL. Hope I got a good deal.

Kia Soul+ 2.0L Automatic
- UVO Audio Package
- Wheel Locks
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Liner
- Carpeted Floormats
- Rear Bumper Applique

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm assuming here that the 2012's are more expensive than the 2011's?

My Hamstar Special Edition purchased in July 2011 was $17,200 off the lot and it's fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'm assuming here that the 2012's are more expensive than the 2011's?

My Hamstar Special Edition purchased in July 2011 was $17,200 off the lot and it's fully loaded.
You got a deal there. I paid $18,700 for my Shadow Dragon in April 2010. I considered it a good deal then and still do. According to some sites it's still worth what I paid.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I know retiredouldsoul, I researched for 2 months, when I hit the lot, test drove it and they gave me that price I bought it immediately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts