Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, just found out about this forum. I'm pretty excited, I've never bought a new car before and am still trying around in a 2000 Chevy Malibu. So I've scheduled a test drive for a Soul 2.0 4u tonight!

Does anyone have any feedback on this model? I don't really have any experience with Kia, and I haven't even seen many Souls on the roads around where I live (Toronto). Am I making the right choice?

Edit: I forgot to add, my test drive is at Trento Kia in Toronto, does anyone have any experience with these guys?

·
Registered
910 Posts
You'll love this car over the 2000 Malibu.. we unloaded our Malibu for a Trailblazer last year and we got the soul this year to replace my Altima.. its incredibly zippy.. can you drive a manual? Its superior to the automatic in this case..

Soul4U is our resident dealer in Mississauga, check the canadian forum and see if anyone has feedback on Trento.. and make sure you dont just get a price quote from one dealer.. some dealers are marking up the price because of 'demand'...

I saw 3 different dealers here in the states and got three different prices based on what they were willing to do...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I can drive manual, which is what I'll be getting if I get a Soul. I'm glad to hear it's a bit better than the AT in this case.

I'll check out the Canadian forum and see if anyone knows anything about Trento.

It will be my first time buying a new car, so I'm excited and nervous, I don't want to get gouged on price, so I have a print up of what the Soul should cost from the kia.ca website.

·
Registered
838 Posts
So how did the test drive go???

maybe try looking on Edmunds.com that's how we found ours, exactly the one we wanted. you can search the dealers entire stock to see what they have. We found ours in 20 minutes online, called up the dealer in L.A. negotiated a price at invoice for the car. Drove 370 miles, signed the papers and here we are, happy as a clam:p;):D

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
I ended up going in for a test drive last night with Soul4U.

Picking up my titanium on Saturday! :D
Do you have the titanium Soul?
If you have the soul we like pictures and stories.
And lots of fun with it.

Regards,

Crazy Dutchmann RelenaRelena

·
Registered
142 Posts
well when i first heard of this car i didnt really want to try it since its a korean car and there werent alot of good review bout korean cars before. But since i was looking for a new car i thought why not just try it, its not like i have to buy it. After the test drive i just felt in love with this car. I didnt need to look any further

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I ended up getting the Soul 4U about 2 weekends ago, I love it so far.

I ended up with the titanium. I wasn't 100% on the colour at first, but after a few days, I'm glad I got it instead of the denim.

Funny story:

I was showing two of my co-workers, both big car guys, the Soul the week after I bought it. One of them had just bought a Mazda 3 a few months earlier and didn't know about the soul.

Anyways, the two of them were sitting in the car, drooling over the features, and the first guy turns to the other and says 'dude, I would have gotten this over the Mazda 3, if I were you.'

He replied 'damn man, me too if I had known about it before hand.'

Anyways, now he's looking at a soul for his wife.:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, I ended up getting the Soul 4U about 2 weekends ago, I love it so far.
I ended up with the titanium. I wasn't 100% on the colour at first, but after a few days, I'm glad I got it instead of the denim.
Funny story:
I was showing two of my co-workers, both big car guys, the Soul the week after I bought it. One of them had just bought a Mazda 3 a few months earlier and didn't know about the soul.
Anyways, the two of them were sitting in the car, drooling over the features, and the first guy turns to the other and says 'dude, I would have gotten this over the Mazda 3, if I were you.'
He replied 'damn man, me too if I had known about it before hand.'
Anyways, now he's looking at a soul for his wife.:D
I, too, am a car guy, with alot of motorhead friends. Some of them bagged on me for my interest in a KIA, until they saw the SOUL. I did get the Denim, and I love it! It has a cool effect without being too "ricey." as they said. These days don't allow for a hotrod that gets only 16mpg, no matter how cool it looks. The SOUL is a great choice
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah everyone was laughing and making jokes when I mentioned that I got a KIA but as soon as anyone sees it in person and gets inside the thing they instantly start retracting statements lol.. Maybe KIA is starting to become a better car manufacturer?

·
Registered
838 Posts
We hope they are, with a 5/60k and 10/100k warranty they better have something good going on or they'll sink like chrysler and gm.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have the Soul ! , in Alien Green. It's what you want and what you like. This is the car that fit my needs and it has surpassed a lot of expectations that I may have had. Its a good little car and a lot of people seem to like it and want more information. I give it freely. Besides here in the U.S. they give you cards (at least my dealer) and if some one buys one then I receive a little pay back from KIA. Not bad for word of mouth. If you decide, then enjoy, I do.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
The Soul is a hit in America you can ask 16027 KIA SOUL owners. The numbers are up to the 31 of July.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts