Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Glad to become a member here. Though I'm not technically a Soul owner yet I soon will be once I test drive a couple and decide which engine I want.

So, a little backstory here... I currently own a 2012 Forte5 SX that has been sitting at the dealer waiting on a new engine since it seized up exactly 1 month ago while driving home on the interstate. I imagine it's the same issue that plagued the Optima engines that Kia was nice enough not to include Forte owners in the recall. Nevertheless, they are replacing it under warranty, but we have no idea when the engine will be available since there's such high demand. Once it does get installed though, I plan on promptly trading it for a Soul. I just have to decide whether the turbo engine and the DCT will be worth the extra $$$. I'm fine with a turbo engine, it's that DCT in the Soul! that has me a bit concerned. I've never owned or driven a vehicle with a DCT and just not sure how it would work in everyday driving where I live. Therefore, I may end up going with a Soul+ with the 2.0 and regular old 6-speed automatic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts