Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I already deleted my resonator. And I didn't get anything out of it. This is all very budgeted so mods are slow but they're getting done lol. I'm putting a glass pack on this afternoon. If people want to here it you can go to my Instagram haha mia_nick (picture of a guy falling down some stairs)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, if anyone cares.
I left the deleted resonator (straight pipe) alone and I unbolted the two bolts on the flange by the axle and it made a huge difference.
I'm thinking now I'm going to cut , weld, probably **** up.... Cut weld again And fix me up a nice dual exhaust with a magna flow turbo muffler if I can find one like that. I work at oreillys so I can get my stuff for cheap. If you search up "2011 kia soul dual exhaust" on Google images there's a red soul from NC who custom makes them and sells them. That's where the idea is coming from. I don't have a bunch of money so if someone comments on here "just pay a shop to do it".....shut up and go home. Cause your no fun

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd vote for custom magna flow setup over glass pack any day. Keep an eye on overall relaiability, as the onboard diags may not like the loss of back pressure. I've seen newer cars run worse with less back presure.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,003 Posts
I did the resonator delete and MagnaFlow, it caused droning sound on the freeway. So I reinstalled the resonator and left the MagnaFlow alone.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am all for duals, duals just make the car more attractive IMO but the noise of a 4 cyc is just noise, I would rather my car be quiet then all the noise. I still have a mustang gt so if I am craving noise I drive it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is the best way to make my 2015 Kia Soul Base sound louder (closer to a muscle car) without the farts and pops of many exhaust modifications?

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts
What is the best way to make my 2015 Kia Soul Base sound louder (closer to a muscle car) without the farts and pops of many exhaust modifications?
Exhaust tips!
Go for the LOOK, not the sound.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
519 Posts
Just don't bother to check your oil levels regularly and you'll have that louder sound in no time! 😂

You know, when I was a kid I'd put playing cards in my bike spokes, and although I thought otherwise at the time, no one else thought I was really riding a motorcycle. You can try to make it sound "beefier", but everyone will still know it's just a Soul. Embrace that fact, or drive a different car. 👍

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts
Those low bass thumps you hear from a Soul, are coming from subwoofers.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Those low bass thumps you hear from a Soul, are coming from subwoofers.
Are you saying the thumps aren't coming from hip, urban hamsters?!!! 😆

1 - 14 of 14 Posts