Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted a few things on my new soul but the one I found didn't have everything I'd hoped for so I planned on getting them installed after I took delivery . illuminated scuff plates $522.00 , interior light kit $915.00 , puddle lights $445.00 ,remote start $685.00 and they only have 1 year warranty ! The homelink mirror and factory spoiler I had them install prior to taking delivery are covered by the normal kia warranty . So if you really want anything added get it before you take delivery .

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I would like to see something in writing for the US on this subject, for some reason the 2015 warranty info manual for the US that I'm looking at doesn't clearly explain the warranty on accessories (unless I missed it).

However, in the Canadian warranty manual it does: accessory at time of delivery are covered for 36 months or 60,000 km; after delivery 12 months or 20,000 km.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Exactly my point and what the dealer told me when I was having them add the spoiler and home link mirror . Just talked to my Kia dealer ,prior to delivery 5 years 50k ,post delivery 12 months .There , now you have it writing . My writing but in writing :pride:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wanted a few things on my new soul but the one I found didn't have everything I'd hoped for so I planned on getting them installed after I took delivery . illuminated scuff plates $522.00 , interior light kit $915.00 , puddle lights $445.00 ,remote start $685.00 and they only have 1 year warranty ! The homelink mirror and factory spoiler I had them install prior to taking delivery are covered by the normal kia warranty . So if you really want anything added get it before you take delivery .
HOLY LIGHT KITS BATMAN!!! Did these prices include the labor? Either way, I'm sure is looks even better now!! I'm jealous of your gas mileage. My 6 speed manual 1.6 was a little easier to manipulate and I'm still figuring out the 2.0 auto. Congrats on the new ride! :applause: Please provide some pics of these lights when you get a chance, I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no no no . I wanted all these extras about a thousand dollars worth . I don't want any for these prices even though the prices include installation . I am going to put in some cup holder lights from diode dynamics and that's it . They are all would be cool things not I need these things . As for the mileage that was my first fill up and consisted of a 200 mile 95% highway trip .

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I purchased our Exclaim Whole Shebang it had everything we wanted except the Homelink mirror and remote start. I have been looking at both items online for much less than Kia was asking and will settle for the manufacturers 1 year warranty on each when I do decide to jump in.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth, but I think the likelihood of any of those items simply failing in years 2-5 is limited. If they are bad units, they'll fail in the first 12 months, likely sooner than later. Not saying it can't happen, but the odds are in your favor (expecially for what a warranty would truly cover). I wouldn't let the warranty game deter you adding what you like to your awesome new car, even if the dealer response sucked.

·
Registered
68 Posts
FYI - adding the Homelink is super easy. The instructions included were easy to follow. Realistically, the Kia Homelink mirror could be used in any vehicle. It mounts to the standard rear view mirror mount and taps power from the fuze box. It's completely self contained. I scored one brand new off eBay for around $150.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts