Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for guidance on bulb replacement on S model Soul with large headlight reflector lamp housing. Looks like H19 is a brand new bulb category and cant find ANY replacement or upgrade info on the web. Would LOVE to upgrade to LED, but no luck.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm confused. So the bulbs are not legit or incorrect size? etrailer has been and is a very reputable online seller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is not an explicit, application-specific SKU. It appears to be lumped into a general designation for an application. It might fit, bit since this is the ONLY match I've found from ANY manufacturer, its highly unlikely that this listing is specific for this brand new bulb type.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'll wait for Sylvania to list a replacement bulb. They make one heck of a replacement bulb. I've had them on my last two cars. (over a ten year period)

:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
These are the leds I put in my kia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it's base-compatible, but apparently the light spread is allot different than the H19. How is the overall performance with this LED?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can see the road much better! The led is very bright and I never get flashed for too much glare Except if my high brights are on...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know it's base-compatible, but apparently the light spread is allot different than the H19. How is the overall performance with this LED?
Top lights are flashbacks

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
26 Posts
I'll wait for Sylvania to list a replacement bulb. They make one heck of a replacement bulb. I've had them on my last two cars. (over a ten year period)

:cool:
Have you checked to see which Sylvania bulb fits? I keep getting H13 from their website, but then on Amazon I get a flag that says this bulb does not fit your vehicle! Manual says H19.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you checked to see which Sylvania bulb fits? I keep getting H13 from their website, but then on Amazon I get a flag that says this bulb does not fit your vehicle! Manual says H19.
You can actually buy an H19 LED Headlight Kit (shipped & sold in the US) that has been verified to work (without any issues fitment-wise, size-wise, or error-wise) in Kia Souls that are Gen 3. You can purchase those from here: Endurance LEDs H19 LED Headlight Kit, 55W 10000LM Super Bright LED, IP65, x2 | eBay

I'm running them currently and they work fantastically! The factory headlight enclosure cap even still closes without any issues of overheating or anything like that. I love 'em!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So Carson - the entire ballast assembly fits inside the headlight enclosure as well? How are you securing it?

Thanks in advance.
Yes! Everything fits inside the headlight enclosure snug, so I didn’t have to do any additional securing. The headlight swaps out exactly like a halogen would. The base does “unscrew” which allows you to put that into the headlight, put the retaining metal bar over that (don't drop that though into the headlight!), and then screw back in the LED chip itself. The directions included in the box cover everything, and it was easy enough to follow that I got it all swapped out in I would say 10-15min tops.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I explained this months ago regarding the H19 bulb and ALL say it is a H13 for the 2020 Soul, WRONG. It IS a H19 and they look like a H4 bulb, BUT the H4 will not work on the Low Beam. You will loose 50% of the beam. The Hi beam is about the same. The H19 bulb has (2) half moon notches on both sides of the top Mount Tab and the the H4 does not. The Endurance H19 that carsonmiller has is the only one that is available right now. Also the unit sold by Etrailer is listed as a Fog LED replacement and will not work for a Hi/Lo headlight. I have done some research regarding these H19's and I think Carson has been thru the same nightmare. As for replacing the bulbs on the Soul: Turn the wheels all the way in to expose the inner fender liner ( I removed the wheel for better access ) and pull the plastic tab buttons from the bottom up to fold the inner fender out of the way. If it is cold, do not do this without using a heat gun to soften and fold the plastic back to expose H/L cover. I used a bungee cord to hold the inner out of the way. You can now get to the back of the headlight to unscrew the cover. The entire H19 assembly will fit inside the housing under the cover. Check that all works O.K. And.... As Carson said....Don't drop the clip in the headlight. Reverse and all should be done. As for trying to do this from the top under the hood to change the bulb...........FORGET IT !!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts