Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I hate having a stock car, I've been searching feverishly at home (and work) for any kind of option, including searching for options of the sister car: the Kia Cee'd over in Europe.

Low and behold, I found one based here in the U.S.

They also have a 2.0L exhaust option along with some intake options. Kinda pricy considering my '86 Z31 cat-back is about $200-300, but at least it's an option and maybe there would be a black Friday/other holiday sales in the future.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
607 Posts
As I hate having a stock car, I've been searching feverishly at home (and work) for any kind of option, including searching for options of the sister car: the Kia Cee'd over in Europe.

Low and behold, I found one based here in the U.S.

They also have a 2.0L exhaust option along with some intake options. Kinda pricy considering my '86 Z31 cat-back is about $200-300, but at least it's an option and maybe there would be a black Friday/other holiday sales in the future.
That'll fit, I just need Santa to bring it to ME!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Cutting off the stock muffler and clamping a new one may cost a couple of hundred bucks in parts, why spend over $1000? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cutting off the stock muffler and clamping a new one may cost a couple of hundred bucks in parts, why spend over $1000? Am I missing something?
Being a Z enthusiast, I'm willing to pay a premium for aftermarket parts that give me better exhaust and actually hear the exhaust for shifting. For me, knowing the stock piping is restrictive is bugging the hell out of me. I'm already upgrading to projectors, turn signal side mirrors, and LED tail lights after I get cruise control and the home link rear view mirror.

Can you tell I don't have kids?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I'll be looking into seeing how to add a factory backup camera and keyless entry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too am searching all over for some 2.0 parts to upgrade my new 2015 SX, but all you may find are a COUPLE of cai intakes. Custom exhaust? Find a good local shop and inquire, it may not be too expensive. I'll probably go that route. I wish there were 2.0 headers...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't want to totally burst your bubble, but adding an exhaust to a small NA low powered engine like ours may add tops a few horsepower but the loss of back pressure will usually result in the LOSS of torque - which is more important for us in daily driving.
So you'd really just be spending a lot of money for an exhaust note - not any kind of power increase.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm saving my money for that $2600 Termignoni slip on for my Ducati. ?

No wait, I'm not. That's just crazy. :ROFLMAO:

Only way I am doing anything to the Soul exhaust is if it somehow breaks, or manages to rust out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't want to totally burst your bubble, but adding an exhaust to a small NA low powered engine like ours may add tops a few horsepower but the loss of back pressure will usually result in the LOSS of torque - which is more important for us in daily driving.
So you'd really just be spending a lot of money for an exhaust note - not any kind of power increase.
Doesn't the GDI have variable valve timing? I know for non-VTEC Honda's back in the day, that was an issue. But wouldn't the variable valve timing make up for it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't the GDI have variable valve timing? I know for non-VTEC Honda's back in the day, that was an issue. But wouldn't the variable valve timing make up for it?
The issue is just the loss of back pressure that causes all small 4's to drop a little torque. My old Civic I referenced had vtec and all the dynos still showed a slight drop in torque with switching to a less restrictive exhaust. In a car like that, or especially my Soul now - I'd rather have more torque than hp for daily driving.
BUT if what you're after is the sound - then go for it. The noise will trick you into thinking that your car is faster too! ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Big Mike, just removing the axle back and replacing with a straight pipe will give it a rumble. That last section is a resonator. Get one in a Junkyard and cut off the resonator add piping and tip. I have one made for my car which I change from time to time since it is very simple to do. When I get tired of it I replace with the resonator piece.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, I too have been looking for a catback exhaust for the 2.0. I found one. Not just the one from Torque motorsports (damnfastdd) BUT another one from a company in the Philippines called Drift Xaust. It sounds...OMG amazing.

I talked to the owners of the company and they do NOT export to the US....yet. So with that being said I asked if they had a template sincetheyve done it before...they said no.We would have to individually fly to the country and have them put it on on site.

I called my local muffler shot and they will do 2.5'' pipe and like a Borla muffler for 250, labor included.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So, I too have been looking for a catback exhaust for the 2.0. I found one. Not just the one from Torque motorsports (damnfastdd) BUT another one from a company in the Philippines called Drift Xaust. It sounds...OMG amazing.

I talked to the owners of the company and they do NOT export to the US....yet. So with that being said I asked if they had a template sincetheyve done it before...they said no.We would have to individually fly to the country and have them put it on on site.

I called my local muffler shot and they will do 2.5'' pipe and like a Borla muffler for 250, labor included.
That does sound nice. What will one of these sound like if you just yank the resonator and make it a straight pipe with tip?
Live in WA, they recently stopped emission controls, so you can mod your exhaust almost freely.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I like that it doesn't sound like a fart can Honda exhaust. I'd love to get this for my 1.6L

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Soul on the video is a turbo diesel, the sound on a gasoline engine is totally different (higher pitched). I have a 1.6 and have tried different approaches (resonator delete) and now I am considering just changing the center muffler for a chambered or turbo style muffler. Not sure. I like the flowmaster 60 series doesn't seem to loud and also like the dynomax super turbo.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I installed the dynomax super turbo 17730, got it at advanced auto for $65 shipped. I exchanged it for the main muffler after the second cat, fit exactly in that spot, even cut the hangar bases from the muffler and welded them on the new muffler. Everything else is stock, Car has a deep tone with no drone, a bit louder when I peg it. I have tried different set ups and like this one the most as of now might get a dual tip later on with the turbo rear bumper bottom section

1 - 20 of 20 Posts