Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When filling up my soul with gas, and after the gas handle automatically shuts off, if I try to squeeze any more gas in it some gas back flows out the filler tube and runs down the out side of the quarter panel.

Any one else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Maybe it was full? Sounds like an operator problem not a car problem. It specifically states in the manual not to fill up after the click.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've filled our Soul twice, and both times have simply "rounded up" a bit once the pump shuts off. I have not seen fuel run from the tube. My Jetta diesel will take another gallon or gallon-and-a-half after the pump clicks, so I can really push that one (and do!). Haven't tried that with the Soul yet.

There may be a relation to how quickly the car is being filled. Faster flows can introduce more air to the tank and make its level higher than it will be in just a few minutes after the air dissipates (therefore, less room to top up). I always use the lowest-flow setting but, then, I'm willing to stand around. :p

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
dont round up the fuel. First click and stop. If you flood the canister breather with fuel it will need replacing. Overfilling will cause it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
^^^^What tempest said........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts