Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Still holding at a buck eighty-five here in north-central West Virginia.

We designated our Subaru Forester as the "dirty car" for getting groceries (since we are also shopping for 4 elderly friends/neighbors and it has more room). Therefore, the Soul sits in the garage except to drive to the WV National Cemetery every 2 weeks to put flowers on my parents' grave. That's 70 miles round-trip. We have large beach towels over the seats and wash them every other trip, but since we do not make contact with anyone and only get out of the car at the cemetery, the Soul stays "clean". We filled up today for the first time in over a month and it took $10.

On a side note - our fuel points at the grocery store were expiring at the end of April, and we had enough for 80 cents/gallon off. Rather than waste that on 4 or 5 gallons, I loaned my perks card to my neighbor to fill his Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab. He waited until the last day and filled 28 gallons at just over a buck a gallon. Saved him over $20.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
"Crazy how much gas prices differ. "

You betcha! Even in the same town. I was out and about yesterday, and I must have passed nearly 50 gas stations.
The popular price of the day (greater majority) was $1.69 per US Gal. The lowest price I saw, (at Walmart) was $1.55.
While all the "RaceTrac" stations that I saw, (3) were charging $1.85 per US Gal.
So between the cheapest and the most expensive was a $.30 per gal. difference, all within a ten mile circle.

:cool:

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,079 Posts
when I went into Trenton, Ontario last Thursday the fuel prices had shot up to 91 cents a litre, quite a jump from the 74 cents the previous four weeks.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
As the 'per barrel' prices of oil go UP, we can expect the price per gallon of gas, at the pump, to go up too. It just stands to reason. So fill all your gas cans now, if you can.

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Due to the current conditions, I'm using far more fuel in my lawn tractor than my car :D
Noticed my propane prices didn't drop like gasoline.
And, Propane comes out of crude oil, just like Gasoline. But as always, it's a matter of supply and demand, and with more people staying home, and doing more grilling, the demand for Propane is actually UP!
While those same people, staying home, are using LESS gasoline.

I noticed this morning that crude oil prices are UP. We can expect the gas price at the pump to go up too.

Can we all say a little prayer for our friends in Michigan, where heavy rain has caused three dams to break.

Y'all take care now,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
And, Propane comes out of crude oil, just like Gasoline. But as always, it's a matter of supply and demand, and with more people staying home, and doing more grilling, the demand for Propane is actually UP!
While those same people, staying home, are using LESS gasoline.
I use my propane for heating. :)
Filled up my fuel container this morning and its now gone down a bit to 87 cents a litre (all taxes included)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
When I moved from Ill. to FL. in 1988, I had a gas furnace, gas water heater and gas stove. So I contracted with a local Gas Company to provide me with propane gas, @ $1.35 per gallon. Over several years, it kept going up and up and up till it was almost $2.50 per gallon. At that point (details redacted) I went total electric and got rid of that big Propane tank in my back yard.
I won't have any propane (or butane) on my property.

I see almost all stations in the area jumped their gas prices to $1.85 per gallon since Monday. (it's now Thursday)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Best I've seen here is about $2.65 for regular and a little under $3 for premium.
I don't mind paying the sun tax.

I am running more premium through the bike than regular through the Soul lately.
And the bike gets around 45 MPG for me, riding moderately fast but not stupid.
No tickets in 4 or 5 years, I must be going too slow. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I was out and about, in the Ocala and Belleview, FL. area yesterday, and almost every gas station was selling Regular Unleaded gas for $1.85 per gallon. That seemed to be the popular price of the day.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
570 Posts
Prices here dropped below $2 for a couple days a couple weeks ago.
At $2.19 today.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Last year after a road trip to Arkansas to see my people, I said I won't be doing that drive again. The weather was horrible a couple of days on the road. I forget how many crashed big rigs trucks I saw in 1 day in Texas and OK.

But now flying looks even worse than before. I may drive after all, and rent a car to avoid putting all the miles on my car. Rentals are cheap lately.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I feel like I'm in a time warp! Gas prices around here have been stuck at $1.85 per gallon for a couple of weeks now, in spite of what the crude oil prices are doing.
People are getting back OUT, and the gas stations are all full !
It's like the days before a Hurricane hits.

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
yesterday it was 92 cents a litre in Trenton, Ontario. Putting more fuel in my gas container for my lawn tractor than the car 😁

My vehicle that gets more use these days :D

101 - 118 of 118 Posts