PS: I once honnymooned in West Michigan. I loved Holland, Michigan

·
Registered
767 Posts
Is it STILL Snowing in Michigan?

LOVE that gas price!

:cool:
PS: I once honnymooned in West Michigan. I loved Holland, Michigan
We are still in our Palm Springs, CA home, but they tell me it snowed this week. We head back to Grand Rapids MI the week after next. It better warm up!

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Neither my Kia or Hyundai get ethanol gas. Both also only get top-tier fuels. So currently the only 87 octane gas I can find in the Detroit Metro Region without ethanol and rated top-tier is Shell...... right around $1.49 today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday, I saw the price per gallon for Regular Unleaded (Ethanol added) gasoline as low as $1.88, at one station. While the popular price at most stations was $2.04 per gal. I'm pretty sure that High Mileage drivers will love that. Even the price for Diesel fuel was way down. The truckers must be loving that.

So what's the current price per gallon in your neck of the woods?

This will cover "a lot of the woods"

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I took a little Sunday Drive and passed by a lot of gas stations today. Gas prices were all over the place, from $1.61 at Walmart to $1.77 at Shell.
They don't seem to be following the wholesale oil prices anymore.
If they were, the per-gallon price should be under a dollar.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Crude Oil opened this morning (4-20-20) at just $11 per barrel. Ya gotta be kidding me!

I really doubt that we'll see that reflected in the Pump Price for gasoline.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I can't believe it, but I saw $1.79 per gallon, at many stations on my little field trip today.
Seems like they're saying, "Screw you, we want more profit!".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Averaging $1.49 for 87 octane today in the Southeast Michigan / Detroit Metro region.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
7,943 Posts
We live by lake Ray Hubbard, on our side of the lake it's $1.24 but go across the lake and it's $1.47. Still cheap but why the difference in just a few miles?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I've seen the same thing around here. Even on one street, in just a few miles, you can see 20 to 30 cents difference in gas prices. And most confusing, is that some Cut-Rate stations can be the most expensive, while Shell, BP or Sunoco could be the cheapest. And they give discounts if you use your Oil Co. CC.
I can see the state to state difference, because of the differences in State taxes and Road use taxes.
I doubt we'd ever see gas prices at the pump, going below a dollar, just because of the taxes. Even cities and counties can add on their own gas taxes. It's next to "Criminal". Eh?

Cheers mates! Stay healthy now, y'hear?
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,075 Posts
May 1 - filled up at my local gas station (Trenton, Ontario) this morning at 76 cents a litre. The car only took about half a tank since I filled up about 6-8 weeks ago, also filled up the fuel container that I use for my lawn tractor. It was like getting the container filled for free versus what I had to pay last summer.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
557 Posts
First record of under $2 gas in Portlandia;
$1.99Chevron
9150 SE Division St & SE 92nd Ave

·
Registered
892 Posts
DC metro areas haven't really dropped below pre-Covid19 pricing. Crazy how much gas prices differ.

Greg

81 - 100 of 116 Posts