Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
went into Trenton, Ontario to shop on Thursday morning and it was 66 cents a litre.
When you say it like that, it doesn't sound so bad, but then when I do the translation to real English it comes out to $2.498 per US Gallon. Pretty dang expensive gas, if you ask me. That's almost a dollar more per gallon, compared to what we're paying right now in the lower US.
Enjoy!
:cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
When you say it like that, it doesn't sound so bad, but then when I do the translation to real English it comes out to $2.498 per US Gallon. Pretty dang expensive gas, if you ask me. That's almost a dollar more per gallon, compared to what we're paying right now in the lower US.
Enjoy!
That is about what it is here.....fortunately over the border just a couple miles down the road.....it is more than a buck cheaper... PA taxes suck

·
Registered
767 Posts
Enjoy!
It's called taxes. But relative to what it was, I'm sure its much less.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,073 Posts
Enjoy!
you forgot rate of exchange again, that's equivalent to you paying $1.78 US a gallon. I thought we were "real English". ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
$1.49 per gallon at RaceTrac in Frisco TX yesterday after some social distancing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
UPDATE: North-Central West Virginia just dropped to $1.85/gal for E10 regular but there's nowhere to drive. Everything is closed - state parks, city parks, restaurants, etc. Oh well - safe and happy at home.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Since I got my first Tricycle when I was five, I've always found someplace to go. If it wasn't snowing too hard, or raining too hard I was on my wheels and Gone. Now I sympathize with my poor mother, because she never knew where I was.

Yesterday was one of those Beautiful Days here in Central FL., when I just couldn't stand to be a "Shut In". So I got in my little Jem, and headed off down the road. I stopped in a nearby town for a sandwich at a favorite Bar & Grill that does "Carry Out". Then just headed off across country. Personal distancing was no problem. lol
All together, for my little Sunday Drive, I added another 100 miles to my odometer.
So just saying "there's no-place to go" doesn't get it for me. I'll always find someplace to go, even if it's just miles and miles of nothing but 'Miles and Miles'.?‍♀

My driveway leads me to millions of miles of county, state and federal roads, so I'll always have someplace to go.

Stay safe and stay healthy my friends,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wish I had no place to go......When your position is considered "Life Sustaining" Life goes on as usual, but a little different...…….Stay safe, stay home (Or stay in your Kia)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Saw $2.88, lowest I have seen here in a long time.
Of course down the street you can pay 50 cents more per gallon.

The Guv has decided Real Estate is essential, so I am essential.
Good, because I am self employed, and would rather not sit home watching my bank shrink.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The last couple fill-ups in my 2020 X-Line with 2.0 MPI has been Shell Premium 93 octane. Don't feel any difference in the performance level. Runs the same as when I used 87 octane.
But I'm sure the extra detergency in Shell Premium helps with the fuel injectors.

Another thing I noticed about this website is I am lacking an Edit button. So Newbies to this forum have to wait x-amount of posts - then receive the benefit of editing our posts.
Do I got that right?

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,073 Posts
back into Trenton, Ontario for my weekly shopping and picking up a prescription and the gas has gone up to 74 cents a litre, a week ago it was 66 cents.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
The last couple fill-ups in my 2020 X-Line with 2.0 MPI has been Shell Premium 93 octane. Don't feel any difference in the performance level. Runs the same as when I used 87 octane.
But I'm sure the extra detergency in Shell Premium helps with the fuel injectors.

Another thing I noticed about this website is I am lacking an Edit button. So Newbies to this forum have to wait x-amount of posts - then receive the benefit of editing our posts.
Do I got that right?
Why waste good money? Your car was factory tuned for the 87-89 octane fuel. And, 10% ethanol is acceptable.
But NOT E85!!
All quality fuels have some detergent in them, so you don't have to buy the more expensive gasoline.
But, KIA does recommend that you use 'Chevron's Techron' fuel system cleaner in your gas tank, every few k miles.
I use a bottle with every 3k Oil Change. Even KIA Dealerships sell it in their parts dept. It's cheaper at Walmart though.
Actually, I buy mine from Auto Zone, when they are having a BOGO Sale on it. It comes out at just $3 per bottle.

My little Jem always seems to pick up a little, after I give her a bottle of Techron.
We don't need it as much as we did when the Soul had DFI fuel injection, but KIA still recommends it.
I try to use it BEFORE an oil change.

Stay safe and stay healthy!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Our Costco has regular for $1.25/gal and premium for $1.55/gal. I'm loving it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
60 to 65 cents a liter.
1.64 to 1.75 a US Gallon with todays exchange rate.
Lowest in a very long time. But I am getting about 3 weeks to the gallon. I haven't had to even top up in awhile. ?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts