Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have aprrox. 5000 K's on my 2011 Soul. Since new I've always payed close attention to the liters per 100k option on the dash. Up until a few days ago I was getting on average 8.2 - 8.4 liters per 100k then all of a sudden it now reads anywhere between 10.4 - 12.2 liters per 100k. Any idea why the sudden change?

Thanx, Kevin
Vamcouver, BC

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ drastic drop happened to me after first oil change, which i did at 1000 miles (have always followed old school to change at 1000)... anyway - tried to find out what oil car had when it came from factory b/c mpg can be related to oil and was the only thing done but kia corp and dealers in my area did not know, so if you uncover reason then please do post b/c is a mystery that i would like to solve in case it happens with another car in the future....

·
Registered
43 Posts
gas mileage

I have 12000km on my car and I have been watching the mileage as well. I have been getting about 7.3 since I have bought the car. This is mostly highway , very little city driving. The specs say I would be getting 6.3 on the highway, but I have never gotten better then 7.3. I think this is pretty good consider you never get what the specs say you should get.

Naturegirl

·
Registered
690 Posts
Have aprrox. 5000 K's on my 2011 Soul. Since new I've always payed close attention to the liters per 100k option on the dash. Up until a few days ago I was getting on average 8.2 - 8.4 liters per 100k then all of a sudden it now reads anywhere between 10.4 - 12.2 liters per 100k. Any idea why the sudden change?

Thanx, Kevin
Vamcouver, BC
sudden change in temperature cause tire pressure to drop. in my area, temperature has dropped drastically and i had to add air on two of my vehicles that doesn't have nitrogen. check your tire pressure and measure the fuel efficiency the old fashion method using fill-refill.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ winter blend had nothing to do with mine and some others - is just the way it is with some....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts