Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my second fill up the little flap thingy in side the filler tube has gone awol.
Has anyone else had this happen to their soul?

So far that is the only issue that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
728 Posts
never heard of such an problem. could it just be stuck open?
Maybe yours went to visit the shoe that lives at the side of the road.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
what does the flappy thing actually do?........ if the cap is on - nothing aint gonna run down there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Mine never had one either. Come to think of it, this is the first car I've had that didn't have the little flap .

·
Registered
556 Posts
I don't know if mine have them or not. I almost always go to the full-serve place. If not, I don't even pay attention.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what does the flappy thing actually do?........ if the cap is on - nothing aint gonna run down there.
My guess is its there for when people forget to put their gas caps back on. That way the gas doesn't spew out and cause forest fires.

I'm almost positive it was there the first time I filled it with gas.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
im am guessing but i think its something to do with not allowing petrol fumes out into the atmosphere when refuelling. My 10 year old petrol car has the flap, My Diesel Soul dosent have one..... but to confuse matters, my 5 year old petrol car dosent have the flap either......

·
Registered
509 Posts
im am guessing but i think its something to do with not allowing petrol fumes out into the atmosphere when refuelling. My 10 year old petrol car has the flap, My Diesel Soul dosent have one..... but to confuse matters, my 5 year old petrol car dosent have the flap either......
You're correct. Gasoline is so volatile that the flap does help in reducing the amount of fuel vapor coming from the filler pipe. Diesel is so much less volatile that the flap is unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
google wont translate it....... i assume i am getting a slagging off???...lol
Google won't translate Brett Favre? Weird. He is a famous American football player (not your kind of football) who is getting on in years and finally retired. Not too long ago, he got caught texting a photo of his "wedding tackle" to some mistress. Anyway, that was triggered by this comment "Man arrested for taking photos down his fuel filler pipe"

It's so much less funny when explained. Dang it.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Oh its a name!!..... i thought it was a derogatory phrase..... never mind..... the thought that sprang to mind, shows we were on the same wavelength...lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't know if mine have them or not. I almost always go to the full-serve place. If not, I don't even pay attention.
Full service gas station??? They still have those. Your in Mi just like me. I have not seen one of those in 10 years a least!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Congratulations, you've managed to dredge up a two year old thread that concludes the Soul never had one by reporting yours doesn't either. You have a bright future here! :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts