Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods: I posted this in the first gen Soul thread as well.

https://care.siriusxm.com/preownedv...l1&utm_source=ARD_August2015&utm_medium=Email

Instructions:

1. Tune to station 000 and write down your radio ID #

2. Input the radio ID #, your last name, and the zip code at the link above and click get started now.
(If it doesn't work the first time, hit the back button and try again. I know the website says this is for pre-owned vehicles, but it works for new/used as well.)

3. You'll have to create an account with Sirius, but you do NOT have to input any billing information. You can opt for just the free two-month trial.

4. Once you follow through all the steps and get a confirmation email indicating you're subscribed for free for the next two months, head here:
https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

5. I accessed this link from my phone while in the car, input my radio ID #, and clicked "send refresh signal". You have a 5-minute window to do step 6.

6. Tuned to station 000 again, then got a "Sub Updated" message on the screen.

Voila, two months of free Sirius! You're welcome!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
You can this every two months?

I've had SiriusXM for years, renewing every 5 months at $25. All you got to do is call to cancel and tell them it's too expensive.

·
Registered
799 Posts
WE have 3 months free on our new cars. I already signed up both cars for after that trial period. $20 for hers and $23 for mine with traffic info for my Nav. It is a very addicting service.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,524 Posts
WE have 3 months free on our new cars. I already signed up both cars for after that trial period. $20 for hers and $23 for mine with traffic info for my Nav. It is a very addicting service.
I know what you mean Sheep. I absolutely was not going to renew after my 3 month trial, but I love the commercial free music, plus the quality is way better than over the air radio. When I'm in slow traffic I've taken to the comedy channels.

Makes driving more "civilized" for me. Haha!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can this every two months?

I've had SiriusXM for years, renewing every 5 months at $25. All you got to do is call to cancel and tell them it's too expensive.
I've been renewing every year for years at the "loyalty discount" by saying that it's too expensive and I don't use it much. In Canada, they will offer you a year for $100 Cdn (about $75 US), which works out to about $9 per month ($6.50 US) including tax.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had my 3-month free trial and then was offered six months for $24.99. I'll be opting for some of the good discounts next time around.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just did the 5 month thing for like 25$... Only reason i did it is for some howard here and there .. Likely will ditch again and just keep my rhapsody sub.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think they offered my the $25 deal, too, but I could NOT understand a thing the dude on the other line was saying and when I tried to hang up becaus I actually was busy when they called, he wouldn't let me. But I'll give this a shot and if they make a new offer at the end, I'll probably take it. I like having it in our Hyundai.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think they offered my the $25 deal, too, but I could NOT understand a thing the dude on the other line was saying and when I tried to hang up becaus I actually was busy when they called, he wouldn't let me. But I'll give this a shot and if they make a new offer at the end, I'll probably take it. I like having it in our Hyundai.

Yes I noticed also that they are pretty aggressive on the phone. I prefer to deal with them in email. I will keep what I have for our cars for a couple months past the the free trial 3 months, then email them that I am thinking about quitting. You dont have to cancel to get the deals just threaten to. They seem to have so much profit from this that keeping you at all costs is the order of the day. If they want to call you just say (in email) that you are mostly deaf and want to go email.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
never heard from these guys in a couple of years.

Remember the days when you didn't have to pay to listen to radio or watch TV? - that's what I do. :applause:

·
Registered
799 Posts

Remember the days when you didn't have to pay to listen to radio or watch TV? - that's what I do. :applause:
You arent married to my wife! She makes a good income and demands what she wants (and deserves) for TV. We had to go to a DVR because she tends to fall asleep and misses a lot of her shows. In 45 years of driving this is the first time I ever cared what was on the radio. I like listening to the generation of music I was young with. 60's and 70's. (some late 50's). What passes for music now on the local free radio isnt very good for such a large city like Orlando.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,524 Posts

You do PAY to listen to free broadcasts, not with money, but with the barrage of commercials for things you could care less about. THAT time is worth money to them. Time you'll never get back.

It's gotten so bad I can barely stand to watch the nighly news.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
You do PAY to listen to free broadcasts, not with money, but with the barrage of commercials for things you could care less about. THAT time is worth money to them. Time you'll never get back.

There seems to be quite a bit of commercials on XM lately, although there's one less now, since AsheleyMadison got busted up.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts

I should really expand and clarify my comment, I actually vary rarely listen to the radio as 99% of my time in my vehicle I'm listening to my own musical collection, with over 50 years of collection I have a lot to listen to and select.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There seems to be quite a bit of commercials on XM lately, although there's one less now, since AsheleyMadison got busted up.
There are no commercials on the SiriusXM music channels though they may talk about what is on other channels sometimes. There are a couple of music channels imported (KISS and Z100) that do have commercials. Non music channels do generally have commercials. Some channels like most News really have no option but to have commercials as they are the same broadcast as on the TV. I do hope they keep no more than what they now have for commercial time on channels like Comedy.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
There are no commercials on the SiriusXM music channels though they may talk about what is on other channels sometimes. There are a couple of music channels imported (KISS and Z100) that do have commercials. Non music channels do generally have commercials. Some channels like most News really have no option but to have commercials as they are the same broadcast as on the TV. I do hope they keep no more than what they now have for commercial time on channels like Comedy.
Thanks for enlightening me, Tampa, I only had SiriusXM for 8 years and didn't get through the entire line up yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts