Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members,

Having shops quote on the work to upgrade the door speakers and add a real subwoofer solution ( delete the Infinity sub as it is useless) I'm looking for ideas for a stealth install of a subwoofer. Thinking about modifying a false floor to accommodate a sub....anyone attempted this or cut into existing trunk cover? Would love to do this but budget might force me to relent and simply add a sub box angled against the back seat. Also, do we know if a 1 " tweeter will fit in the stock location? One shop suggested using the new JL Audio Fix 82 to level the signal before installing the front Focal's.

Looking to start project in a weeks time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We had a wide discussion on our local forum.

IMO for the 1st stage sound upgrade:

1. Door vibroinsulation. After this the speaker receives addition air support from the inside of the door and thus increases its output and bass gain. I heard one - difference is obvious. Something like this

Even if you decide to change the front speakers this work will be even more usefull for upgraded speakers.

2. Subwoofer. Unfortunately noone from several people I know who made the custom sub in the stock place reached succes. I was one of them too. So i prefer not to spend money and time and to install sab with normal bandpass body.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed the tweeters from this package in my 2015 base with the supplied attachments and am very happy with the ease 91gCNnxvjiL._SL1500_.jpg of the install and the speakers sound phenomenal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just ordered a shallow mount pioneer 12 and its box. It should fit perfectly under the floor cover where the Styrofoam organizer is. I am going to dynamat the entire bottom of the trunk and bottom fire it.
The system I am going to put in is:
Chinese android head unit
Infinity Kappa (front) ( amplified)
Infinity Reference ( rear)
12" Pioneer Ts-sw3002s4 in sealed enclosure
Punch 400x4 amp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All done. All Audison components installed. Voce 6.5 comps and coax in doors running off Audison Srx 5 channel connected to high levels from 8 inch stock head.
Sub is dB Drive 8 " dual coil in ported box in trunk. Amp and crossovers installed in cargo tray. Sounds great

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
29 Posts
All done. All Audison components installed. Voce 6.5 comps and coax in doors running off Audison Srx 5 channel connected to high levels from 8 inch stock head.
Sub is dB Drive 8 " dual coil in ported box in trunk. Amp and crossovers installed in cargo tray. Sounds great
I would love to see a bunch of pictures from the install!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts