Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling a JL XD500/3 three channel amp, this was a new amp sent to me for a warranty exchange, so it has never been used and comes in all new packaging.

$280.00 shipping included, thats a lower price than Ebay or Amazon!!. Paypal, or I can try Amazon payments if I can set it up, as I do have an amazon account but have never made or received any payments that way.

*****Bonus***** I will also include about 12' of 8 gauge JL power cable, 15' of blue 16gauge remote wire, as well as a 1 in to 4 out distribution block for power wires, here's a pic of what it is:

E2 BY SCOSCHE EDB 9.5mm to 6.5mm Quad Distribution Block

The XD500/3 gives you clean power with very little noise, even with it being fed high level/speaker level inputs, from my factory head unit. The XD line of amps allow you to wire your speaker level signal from your head unit right to a set of RCA's, without the need for a line output converter,which is a great feature of the amp, as it saves space, time and money. It is a class D amp, but should keep most A/B class fans happy.

It's tiny compared to the power it puts out, 75 x2 @4 ohms + [email protected] or [email protected] ohm for a sub, yet is about the size of a mystery novel.

The amp has a great set of controls built in as well. It allows for summing on the sub channel, allowing you to feed all three channels with only one set of RCA's, and still allows separate sub level control from the HD-RLC knob(not included). The main 1&2 channels has a variable crossover from 50-500hz as well as a 12db high pass filter. The sub channel has the same 50-500 hz , but with a selectable 12 or 24db low pass filter. It also has pre-outs that can feed another amp as well. The connectors for the speaker wires, power, ground etc., are the best connectors around. They use allen key set screw that doesn't require any type of connector, just a bare wire, and eliminates those god awful barrier strips with the little screws that strip or the spade terminals that never seem to fit.

It runs cool as a cucumber, it literally gives off barely any heat! I have a plexi glass window 2-3 inches above it and no worries about it getting even the least bit warm.

Size:
Height (H) 2.05 in / 52 mm
Width (W) 8.52 in / 216 mm
Depth (D) 7.09 in / 180 mm
Net Weight 4.8 lb / 2.18 kg

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's a good deal!! I've installed these before and they are really good amps. Anyone getting this will be happy!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the nod.

I was surprised with the quality of these amps, JL really seems to have done a good job getting them to sound great.

Part of me wants to keep it, then put in my wifes santa fe with a hidden sub. It'd be a waste though, i hardly drive it and she could care less about car audio.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold!

I'm still selling my used kenwood kac1502s with some scratches, I'll be listing that soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts