Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I purchased a 2010 Kia Soul+ exactly one month ago, on December 12th. It had just over 20K miles, and seemed to be in great shape. Two days ago, the front tires started skipping, as my wife puts it, "they try to go faster than the rear." It's still covered under the warranty, but I'm a bit nervous. If it's having this sort of issue my first month in, what am I going to be dealing with over the next five years wile paying for this thing? Should I have it fixed under warranty, and hope that's the end of it, or bail out and get a different car?

Anyone else experience a problem like this?
Cheers & Thanks,
Hil

·
Registered
564 Posts
WOW, is all I can say!!!!!
Have you driven the car? Do you even know if there IS a problem? Front tires skipping??? Sounds like the front tires were losing traction......you know, spinning. Without even knowing, you want to unload the car because of this? And then you say you don't want to keep having problems? Is this a problem?
What made you buy the Soul?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow is right. I didn't post here to be called an idiot. I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced anything like this. Your tone is absolutely offensive. Of course I've driven the car. That's why I'm posting here. So you're saying it's perfectly natural for the front tires to slip or loose traction while driving down the street at a constant speed? This is not my first front wheel drive, so I know how they they handle. As far as unloading the car because of this possible issue, yes, I might. If I have a lemon on my hands, I'd rather know now, than three years in. What's so difficult to understand abut this?
I bought this car, since you asked, because they've gotten many favorable reviews. That in no way means that the entire line is impervious to a few lemons.
Are you a dealer? Why are you so bothered by my question?

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
When you say skipping you actually mean slipping and spinning on the road?...... and is the car doing this when you are travelling a constant speed or under hard acceleration. If your car has bald patches on the tyres, that would point to faulty dampers. You need to tell us more about the problem and when its occuring.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Never, did I call you an Idiot. You never did say this happened at a constant speed. For all we know, it could have been pulling out into traffic, hense my thinking tires spinning, lossing traction....make sense? The only thing that "bothered" me about your post is....you don't know if this IS a "problem", and have not brought the car in to a shop to see if it a "problem" that can be fixed........you asume you have junk, before you know anything about it. Any car company BMW, Ford, Honda, can make a car that is a "lemon", Kia fits into this as well.
I asked if you drove the Soul after your wife told you about the skipping? Have you seen/felt the "problem"? I don't know, it seems you are so quick to "give up before doing anything" ? You stated "should I get this fixed under warranty", If it's a "issue" why would you not get it fixed? Wouldn't it be harder to sell if there was a problem that the new owner might notice?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
If it's happening on regular roads at a constant speed, sounds like she left the parking brake on, hit a patch of water or gravel and away you go.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
What you need to do is to get a trained mechanic to drive the car. It's very difficult for anyone to diagnose a specific problem like this over the internet unless you are very descriptive of the exact conditions this happens under. What you've written so far does not provide enough information.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi McCormick.

I'd definitely have the Soul checked out especially if it's under warranty. There are simply a lot of things that might cause the issue you are describing. I wouldn't bail out on the Soul until you have it checked out.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
What you need to do is to get a trained mechanic to drive the car. It's very difficult for anyone to diagnose a specific problem like this over the internet unless you are very descriptive of the exact conditions this happens under. What you've written so far does not provide enough information.
This. ^^^^

And keep in mind unless you are 100% sure when you buy a used car, sometimes issues experienced while driving can be caused from previous accidents and then repairs having been made. These issues often do not show up on a Carfax because they were not reported to anyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. It's going into the dealership to get checked out on Tuesday. I'll post what comes back. What I didn't mention yesterday was that the engine light is now on. Seriously, I appreciate the feedback. I really like the car, and don't want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have no clue but I'm going to guess this is an electronic problem related to the traction control or stability control. Don't see how it could be mechanical.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
. What I didn't mention yesterday was that the engine light is now on.
that can happen as easily as not screwing the gas cap on tight after a fill up, so it may not be anything serious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts