Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I love my 2013 Soul i, but the front end suspension when you hit a bump sounds like it's about to come off. Is there an after market stabilization bar for the car available for it? Or is there some then else I need to do to make the front suspension to feel solid and firm. THANKS SO MUCH.!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,685 Posts
My '13 was definitely sprung hard and I felt the bumps. The first thing I did was dump the crap OE tires and replace the 195.65.15s with 215.60.15 Michelin Defenders. It was like a different car.

BUT...Souls are not Cadenzas. They ride hard. If it's a new noise, go to a front end joint or dealer who you trust.

Is the car under warranty? It should be.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wow, I love my 2013 Soul i, but the front end suspension when you hit a bump sounds like it's about to come off. Is there an after market stabilization bar for the car available for it? Or is there some then else I need to do to make the front suspension to feel solid and firm. THANKS SO MUCH.!!!!!!!
agree--the front sounds like the bushings are bad.
I have learned to live with it until new tires.

Keep in mind that Soul suspension is a bit unsophisticated.
It is made to handle all levels of loads. Put some weight in vehicle ,it will run smoother.
Does not make sense,does it?
A comparison----take a one ton van(Chevy/Ford).Run it empty-no cargo load.
Feels like a buck-board. Put some weight into the vehicle-passengers/cargo.
Feels pretty good.
The Soul,at theprice it sells for,does not offer variable suspension features.

Live with it or change tires&shocks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wish Koni had struts and shocks for the Soul... nom nom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts