Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Trying to get over being so aggravated, anyhow, had my 2014 Soul of only 5 months parked on the street
and found damage to the front right quarter panel. Looks like some kid ran into it with a bicycle.
Seeking any advice as to try to replace it myself or go through the insurance company, which I have a $500
deductible on my policy. The panel itself looks like a relative simple removal but my concern would be
obtaining a OEM panel with matching paint.

Appreciate any advice,
Thank you!
S.G.

image.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey man, sorry to see that. I know exactly how it feels.
I would recommend you show the damage to a PDR guy. Go to a local dealership and ask them who does their PDR (pointless dent repair). The good ones do magic I promise. There is a local PDR guy called Neil over here that is amazing what he can do.
When I got my soul, at 12000 miles it was riddled with dings on every panel including the hood. I paid him $250 and he made the every panel look brand new.

All the best to you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dont know the price of said part, but to swap it out takes all of about an hour, maybe two. (just glanced online.....$150'ish)

5 month old car, the paint matching should be zero of an issue. $100 paint job

2 hours labor ---$230
$480.....

I say do it yourself. Skip the ins. Kind kid on bike, make him mow the lawn, and rake leaves....wash said car.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to learn about your fender. Take it to the best body shop in town and get an estimate. $500 on a $15K car is peanuts. You will never notice it. Otherwise you will regret cheaping out.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Take it to the SEEDYEST Used Car Dealer in town, and ask him who does his body work for Cheap, they know them all. Take it to one of them, and have it fixed...THEN... Go to a KIA Dealer giving the BEST deals on a NEW SOUL TURBO, and Trade in 2014... DON'T LOOK BACK, and "Be Happy All Day Long"... That's the only way to get that Sour Taste outta your Mouth... YUP... That's the fix for what ales You...

Soul Master Declaration: ~ Leaning Forward is the best way to keep from Falling Backward ~

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks like some kid ran into it with a bicycle.

Seeking any advice as to try to replace it myself or go through the insurance company...

View attachment 104786

Ultimately, you will have to decide
which solution is the best fit for you.

For me: I prefer to have someone besides myself
do all my dental work and auto body dent removal.

I still remember my older Sister, "helping me"
with that loose tooth when I was five.
She tied my wiggly tooth to the bathroom doorknob.
with a generous loop of kite string. Then....
slammed the door!
Yep, it did the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts