Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do we we install a front license plate?? Is there a plate bracket to obtain or do we just drill holes in the area where there are places noted for holes to be put??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. I used a small drill bit and drilled through the bumper. There are small hole indents where you drill. I believe there are 3 indents on each side. Be sure you select the correct ones for your plate. For me, it was the ones closest together. What you are drilling through is thin plastic. I was expecting a bit more. You probably could just screw through the indent but a small hole might prevent any possible crack in the plastic. Be sure your drill bit is smaller than the screw so it will be tight. I used the small screws that came with the car that were in the glovebox. The dealer did give me larger ones but the small black ones work just fine. I have done this twice as I got my Soul a year ago and last weekend we bought a second one. Jeff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where do you see indents...ours is a 2020 and neither my husband or I can find these indents. Above the grill? On the grill? Center? Side? Any guidance appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Where do you see indents...ours is a 2020 and neither my husband or I can find these indents. Above the grill? On the grill? Center? Side? Any guidance appreciated...thanks
If you look closely, you will find a solid plastic bar lengthwise in more or less the middle of the grill. In the sender of the grill, directly underneath the Kia logo, on this bar you wI’ll see the indentations. They are very faint, you must search hard for them, but they’re there. A good flashlight helps. It took me about five minutes to find them on my 2020 EX. There are a total of five of the little things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts