Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hit 70k miles on my Soul... A couple of months a go I noticed a slight rattling from the driver side dash speaker, now it is completely blown out. Anyone know where to get a replacement....

On a side note Max volume with really heavy bass isn't good on the dash speakers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Any big-box electronics store with a car stereo department or car audio store can sell you a replacement set of tweeters, generally made with better cones than the paper ones in the stock stereo, for less than $50 (eg, bestbuy.com lists Sony Xplod 3/4" tweeters for $30). Installation will be extra, naturally. You may want to consider replacing all the speakers at one time, as if you've blown one, you may be on the verge of blowing more, and it's easier (and cheaper) to have one install scheduled than more than one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, sorry it took me awhile to respond. Been busy with computer stuff. I think I will replace it myself.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thanks for the thread, I was hearing a similar passenger side rattle but forgot about the tweeters in the dash. $30 to $50 I can afford right now too!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thanks, sorry it took me awhile to respond. Been busy with computer stuff. I think I will replace it myself.
Did you try this fix yet? Was it difficult to remove the speakers, is it dash rings that pop off around the speaker or a bigger job?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just hit 70k miles on my Soul... A couple of months a go I noticed a slight rattling from the driver side dash speaker, now it is completely blown out. Anyone know where to get a replacement....

On a side note Max volume with really heavy bass isn't good on the dash speakers.
It isn't good for your hearing, either in the long term...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts