Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Front Grille - 2010/2011 VS 2012 adaptation !?

6K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  TiboSoulChina 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm "quite" new here... I mean, as member, because I already spent lot of time on this website since I bought my Soul last summer...
Anyway, I'm french, so if you could forgive me for the mistake I'll (surely) make... thanx!

I was recently wondering if any on you guys have tried to put a 2012 front-grille to replace the 2010/2011 stock grille?

I know that the "Burner" grille has been the topic of many posts here, but with the 2012 Soul in dealers since many weeks...
I'm sure that installing the grille from the 2012's model has also been the idea of one of you...

Personally, I've just asked my girlfriend this grill for my birthday, but our Kia's dealer told her the 2 grilles' models don't match...
(I'm leaving in China, I know that many sellers know nothing about technical/mechanic things here in China, but I can't call them to have more details because I understand nothing...)
Maybe I'll ask relatives to contact french's dealers about a possible (or not) replacement of the front grille between 2010/11 and 2012 models...)

If one of you can contact his dealer or if you've done this mods, thanx to keep us* informed !

Thanx a lot!

And don't forget, The Soul Rocks ! ! yeahhh!!!

*us: I think this topic can be useful for other...

See less See more
#2 ·
The 2012 grille will not fit the earlier models. Your only option for grille replacement with an OEM product is the "Burner" grille. Apparently in France there is an Alternative Searcher Grille to the UK one which has a different shape. I can only supply you with the UK version - if you need one. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

#4 ·
The 2012 grille will not fit the earlier models. Your only option for grille replacement with an OEM product is the "Burner" grille. Apparently in France there is an Alternative Searcher Grille to the UK one which has a different shape. I can only supply you with the UK version - if you need one. View attachment 9562 View attachment 9563
Thanx for the welcome Tempest.

I already looked for the Burner style grille via a French Kia Dealer, but the price looks soOo expensive for a so small plastic part... (between 250 and 300 EUR)
I've working in here in China, I'm aware of plastic production cost and I can say that is f***ing expensive for a part I'm sure is produce in China or in Korea...
Unfortunately, I didn't found it here, and my local Kia dealer told me they don't have this part in catalog as most European dealer have...

What is the price you get in UK for the Burner style ?
(I remembered I saw one on a UK website around 300£ but only with UK deliveries...)

#7 ·
The UK burner grille had the price slashed by Kia several months back and is much more reasonable now.

I can post you an OEM Burner Grille in red, black or chrome for £90 including postage..... the figure you quote is very old and the old price.

see it here OEM Grilles
I'm REALLY interested for the BLACK-one ! !
Will be nice with my vanilla Soul...

90£ included shipment to China ?

#10 ·
the interesting thing is that the burner grille wont fit your pre 2012 chinese soul, but our new 2012 grille will fit you pre 2012 soul..... why do kia have to make things so difficult. Well done bud, the grille looks great... can you let Vhinx know - he wants a similar look to his Soul.

#11 ·
He was the 1st informed ! directly told him when I found it on our chinese eBay...Taobao. ha ha
And when I installed it, to tell him it fit perfectly.

Next mod. will be a K&N Apollo... when my wife will agree on this^^
Have you heard any feedback on this CAI ?
I tried to find stuff about this on the Forum but can't find feedbacks...
(I know putting a CAI on a small 1.6 engine will only change the noise and the perfs will be quite equivalent,
but I'm hoping get a tiny gain... expecially on the fuel mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.