Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2010 Soul with the upgrade stereo. The factory sub is just not doing the job. I want to upgrade the entire system. She likes the head unit and wants to keep the dash looking stock. Is the factory head unit really worth keeping, with something like the clean sweep or similar for a good signal from low to high level? not looking to win any competitions just nice clean sound for a long commute. thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a solution...

I had the same feeling. I have a 2010 Exclaim with the upgraded system as well. If you add more bottom end, it will sound great. I added an under seat powered subwoofer, from Crutchfield. A Sound Ordnance B-8PT. Fits under the passanger seat so you don't lose any storage space. Keep the original woofer active. With a little tuning with the addition of the new 8, it will sound pretty good. I have posted some pics in another threade under ICE.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
537 Posts
What I did on mine is, I took the wire plug from the sub and hooked in a RCA converter and plugged in my own amp and sub. Didn't touch the radio or anything else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A convenient feature of having the upgraded audio is that it utilizes an external amplifier which makes it easy to take the speaker level outputs and run them to your own amps of choice from the stock location of the amp.

It would have been fabulous if they were 5V pre-outs or something along those lines, but it sure beats having to work behind the dash. Many random cuts and scrapes on my hands from years of working on other cars in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts