Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
AllDataDIY is another decent source of information. Someone on the board here posted not too long ago about a special price -- something like $12 for three years of access. Even at its regular price, it's still a pretty good deal.

I look at it this way: after spending $10,000-15,000 for a Soul, what's another $20-50 for a service manual? You'll save that much the first time you don't have to pay a dealer for a repair.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Here is an earlier thread with exactly what you are looking for: LINKY

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just downloaded my copy. Easy with Paypal. Cost $9.95 and took about 5 minutes. Looks very complete - more info than I will ever need - over 1,300 pages just for the 1.6 - and another separate book for the 2.0. (I'm not planning to rebuild my transmission, but there is a lot of good everyday maintenance/minor repair info that will be useful when the warranty runs out.)

Thanks for sharing the link.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I downloaded the FREE manual, some time ago, from the link here in this forum, but I found it UN-Indexed and NOT complete.
Even the graphic quality was not good. There is no mention, for instance, of the fuse blocks or electrical schematics, which is what I needed.

So I went to a site I found doing a Google search, and paid for the 'Complete' manual.
Horrors! It was exactly the same poor quality and incomplete manual I had gotten for free. It is not indexed, so if you want something you have to browse through the whole manual to find the section you want.

I sent back an email to the vendor and got an immediate refund to my Pay-Pal account.

Buyer beware!

Cheers Mates and Happy New Year!

TechnoMage :cool:

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
631 Posts
I downloaded the FREE manual, some time ago, from the link here in this forum, but I found it UN-Indexed and NOT complete.
So I went to a site I found doing a Google search, and paid for the 'Complete' manual. It is not indexed, so if you want something you have to browse through the whole manual to find the section you want.
TechnoMage :cool:
If we are talking about the same book: https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/180497602-kia-soul-2013-factory-shop-service-repair I ordered this e-manual online and am pleased except for the lack of index. I am working on making an index as a Word document. I'm doing just 50 pages or so at a time. When it is done, I will post a note here and will share it. Figure on mid- to late-February. That should make finding stuff easier.

·
Registered
631 Posts
OK - I had more free time than I thought and finished typing up the index to the 2013 Soul 1.6 shop manual. It's in PDF format. I tried to break it down into organized sections within each chapter. There are page numbers for the chapter as well as the complete document to make finding a specific page easier. (There is a "master" page box at the top of the PDF file when opened.)

Index: Index 2013 Soul 1.6

Website to order shop manual (PDF Download for $10): Shop Manual 2013 Soul 1.6 and 2.0 This is a quick 5 - 10 minute download and paid through PayPal. You get 2 books, one for the 2013 Soul 1.6 and one for the 2.0 - each over 1300 pages. There are books available for other years too if you go to the link and start searching. If you get one for a different year, make sure it's the same cover since there are other types of manuals offered. Just go to the Search at the top of the page shown and type in 2012 Kia Soul or 2011 Kia Soul and you will get the lists of manuals available. The one I ordered is the one with the red stripe down the left border of the cover. Some different years and manuals with electronics sections are between $10-$15.

PM me if you have a question.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just purchased a 2015 Soul manual from Tradebit... No index either ... Info looks good... and the price was fair.
I bet the index I wrote up (see earlier post) is probably close to the one you bought. At least it would get you in the ballpark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts