Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys -
So I am trying to get some caliper cover for my 2014 Kia Soul. MPG Caliper covers makes them but only for up to 2013. They said however if I could find someone on the fourms to bring in their Kia 2014 SOUL to the shop for measurements they will give that person free caliper covers! In exchange they will get the measurements to create a mold that could be sold to the public (ME). I live in Texas so I can't drive out there but if ANYONE wants some wants some awesome covers for FREE can you go visit these guys and bring your KIA Soul 2014 car?

Contact Us

They said it would take 45 mins to make the mold. Also when you get it done can you let me know on here so that I can place my order!

Thanks guys,
Ron

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Could you give the plusses (advantages) to using a caliper cover, as opposed to just painting the caliper with High Temp Caliper paint. ???

I don't know if you're aware, but when in use, those calipers get very HOT. That's why I specified High Temp Caliper paint.

Painting is really very easy and the color can be changed whenever you like.

I would think that anything that 'covers' the caliper would cause them to heat up even more than they normally do, maybe even causing some kind of failure.
As somewhat of a Design Engineer, I'm always thinking of the positives and negatives of things like covers, for heat generating components.

Thanks for the info.

:cool:

Reactions: Buzz
1 - 2 of 2 Posts