Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I've been looking at the post by billaz about updating to a center console with an armrest "2014 Manual Soul Armrest Conversion". In reading the thread, someone mentions buying parts from "fourgreen". Since the armrest conversion is not inexpensive, I looked into prices at both websites and found that the fourgreen.com prices seem to be much lower. Can anyone tell me if fourgreen stocks genuine KIA parts, a.k.a. O.E.M (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts. Since the prices were so different, it seemed to me that the components may be knock-off aftermarket parts.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences buying from fourgreen?

Incidentally, I did perform the cruise control addition, also written up by billaz, and it worked like a champ! My cost was around $80 for parts and shipping from kiapartsnow.com. I never understood why KIA didn't offer some of the optional equipment just because I like a manual transmission???

Anyway, thanks for reading and let me know if you've had good or bad experiences with fourgreen.com

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
9,070 Posts
I did the upgrade and at the time fourgreen had better prices but their shipping killed the deal for me. Total with shipping was less at kiapartsnow.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey GeoSoul,
As it stands at the moment, it looks like fourgreen will be less expensive, even with shipping. That's why I need to hear from someone who's actually purchased from fourgreen! I am reluctant to buy if I don't know the parts are genuine KIA parts.

Thanks,
dhollowe

· Registered
9,070 Posts
Hey GeoSoul,
As it stands at the moment, it looks like fourgreen will be less expensive, even with shipping. That's why I need to hear from someone who's actually purchased from fourgreen! I am reluctant to buy if I don't know the parts are genuine KIA parts.

Thanks,
dhollowe
Got it. I have purchased other items from them (plus you'll find fourgreen mentioned in other threads too). They are totally legit & use OEM parts. My issue was on the upgrade you're thinking of. The box for the center console is very large & they were charging too much. Sounds like they've gotten their shipping fees under control.

I'd have zero concern buying from them dhollow.

You'll love getting the factory armrest in. Completely changes how you feel driving, especially for us stick shift drivers. Like you are in a captains chair!

· Registered
9,070 Posts
GeoSoul,
Thanks for the input. Glad to know that there are now multiple quality sources for genuine KIA parts.

Kind regards,
dhollowe
You're most welcome. Quirk auto parts is another good source for OEM Kia parts.

· Registered
2 Posts
Never use KiaPartsNow.

I used their parts finder and put in the month/year and VIN of the car I was working on and got shipped the incorrect parts. They refused to take the return on the basis that the "bag was opened" which it was.

I used a commercially available bag re sealer to seal the bag back up and it looks identical to the other side of the bag. The bag is just about 1" shorter than it came from the factory. I asked them to try to make the return and hold the refund until the part was either accepted/rejected by the manufacturer and they refused because "they had documentation" saying the bag was opened.

Absolute garbage company, garbage return policy based on nonsense excuses. They kept saying "they tried to help" which they didn't and they just kept flat out saying "the return is denied" when I asked them to make the attempt.

I will never use them again, I am making $100 (the cost of the part and shipping) worth of effort telling everyone I possibly can to never use them.

If your parts finder ends up sending the wrong part after the month/year and VIN is put in and you say the manufacturer wont take it back because the "bag is opened" they will obviously not care when the bag has been resealed identically to the factory seal.

· Registered
2,160 Posts
Never use KiaPartsNow.

I used their parts finder and put in the month/year and VIN of the car I was working on and got shipped the incorrect parts. They refused to take the return on the basis that the "bag was opened" which it was.

I used a commercially available bag re sealer to seal the bag back up and it looks identical to the other side of the bag. The bag is just about 1" shorter than it came from the factory. I asked them to try to make the return and hold the refund until the part was either accepted/rejected by the manufacturer and they refused because "they had documentation" saying the bag was opened.

Absolute garbage company, garbage return policy based on nonsense excuses. They kept saying "they tried to help" which they didn't and they just kept flat out saying "the return is denied" when I asked them to make the attempt.

I will never use them again, I am making $100 (the cost of the part and shipping) worth of effort telling everyone I possibly can to never use them.

If your parts finder ends up sending the wrong part after the month/year and VIN is put in and you say the manufacturer wont take it back because the "bag is opened" they will obviously not care when the bag has been resealed identically to the factory seal.
I agree with Kia Parts Now. Garbage company if you have any problems with an order. I won’t use them again. Threaten a charge back. That might motivate them to approve the return.

There are many other online Kia dealers to choose from. One I recently used was www.kia.parts and I’ve used online Hyundai dealers too.

Just to mention, fourgreen is not the same fourgreen it was a few years ago. It’s basically useless now.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeah Rhysoul I have never heard such ridiculous nonsense from a company and have never dealt with such worthless and unhelpful customer service people in my life especially not management who say "we tried to help" while refusing to even make an attempt to help. I have installed factory parts and returned them covered in grime in torn up boxes and have never had a single issue. So their excuse that "the bag was open" is nonsense especially since I sealed it back up. I will try Kia.parts because I still need the right power steering line.

· Registered
2014 Kia Soul RedZone
311 Posts
A nearly 5 year old thread revived.

Every Kia dealership has its own individual parts dept
And most have independent '.com' parts websites.
These INDEPENDENT dealership websites all look very similar.
But they are in fact representative of the individual dealership.
That being said...

They all have their own pricing.
And vary WIDELY on their prices.

Once you find the part number for your part.
Google 'kia soul (part#)' and get listings for many, many independent KiaSoul dealership parts departments.
They will all look very similar.
But scroll to the bottom if the page and see the actual address of the dealership that particular webpage belongs to.

SOME of the local dealerships will match online pricing of other KiaSoul dealerships,
Some will match their own online pricing (with ship-to-dealer).
Some will not match and require you to order online.

· Registered
9,070 Posts
I agree with Kia Parts Now. Garbage company if you have any problems with an order. I won’t use them again. Threaten a charge back. That might motivate them to approve the return.

There are many other online Kia dealers to choose from. One I recently used was www.kia.parts and I’ve used online Hyundai dealers too.

Just to mention, fourgreen is not the same fourgreen it was a few years ago. It’s basically useless now.
It's all fun and games until something goes wrong. That's when you find out if "Customer Service" is just a term they use on a website or actually means something.

Reactions: rhysoul
1 - 13 of 13 Posts