Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Soul Inferno red -GT line turbo
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...another tech. Question...my 22 soul only has a forward collision assist option...is this the same as forward collision avoidance.I cant find anywhere where the option is forward collision assist.Is this going to warn me/apply the brakes in an emergency?Luckily i havent needed it....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello everyone...another tech. Question...my 22 soul only has a forward collision assist option...is this the same as forward collision avoidance.I cant find anywhere where the option is forward collision assist.Is this going to warn me/apply the brakes in an emergency?Luckily i havent needed it....
My 2022 Soul says it is not only a warning but brake assisted as well which will mean you would be slowed down automatically so you wouldn’t get closer than 40 feet to the car in front of you. I hope I remembered that correctly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Open your owners manual and start in section 5 and read pages 51 through 78. It's very comprehensive and it'd be misleading to try and explain in a post. If you're going to rely on it to protect your vehicle and possible save you from injury, read it thoroughly. Here's a link to the online version of your manual if you'd like to use that:
2022-kia-soul-84.pdf

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I read it but its one of those things where u actually want feedback from someone that actually had experience with it.Also a little misleading between the forward collision avoidance and mine just shows "forward assist" ..is it the same thing?thats wat i needed to know

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have purposely driven close to a car and used the brake at the last minute and havent even gotten a beep...also driving towards the posts that hold handicapped signs(yes I have a placard)lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks I read it but its one of those things where u actually want feedback from someone that actually had experience with it.Also a little misleading between the forward collision avoidance and mine just shows "forward assist" ..is it the same thing?thats wat i needed to know
Right, I get that. But with 27 pages of information, I'm not ablt to boil that down to something you can rely on and keep you safe from injury. That's why you should read it yourself and not rely on anyone else. But your choice. I'm bailing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts