Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Wheels

Im thinking about getting some chrome Ford Mustang SVT Cobra wheels for my kia lol. I love the way they look on the Mustangs and the Souls have the same bolt pattern so I think they will look great. Of coarse Id change the emblems on them cause the "SVT" emblem screams Ford. Id like to see how many heads turn and how many Mustang lovers would gasp lmao! What do you fellow Soul owners think?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
emblemset1_1__33_emblem-kia3.jpg emblemset1_1__33_emblem-kia1.jpg Here is the emblem kit im getting and these wheel caps should be great to cover the "SVT" logo ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
those are probably 9" wide? and probably twice the weight of soul wheels. I think they would look incredible but odds are you'd see a huge decrease in mpg and overall power. but they would look awesome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree that they would look amazing, I love chrome rims like that. But definitely check the weight on those first and compare them to the OEM rims, since adding a bunch of weight to your Soul will kill your MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Compared to my stock steel wheels, the SVTs only weigh 4 more lbs which are close to the 18" Exclaim wheels. They are only 8" wide so they will fit nicely. They are after all sports car wheels so I knew they wouldn't effect the Soul too much. Id love to do this! However, nobody that owns an SVT is willing to sell the original wheels lol which is understandable. They have replicas but they are pricey. Ill be rockin my Konigs for a while lol but this will happen eventually.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am actaully pretty shocked that they are only 8" wide, but thats awesome. That 4 pounds is a lot though when you talk about a car that only have ~130 hp but if you happen to know anyone with those wheels, see if you can test fit them to see if they will affect anything. certainly something to look in to though!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has 140hp stock lol Maybe more but I've not had it on a dyno. I have the SSD CA/FW intake that has really boosted the acceleration and really opens up the vvt. Plus the 12 models don't have the heavy spare tire or tool kit or storage compartment in the back. Nor does it have the heavy amp and woofer. Factor all that and the lighter manual transmission and I'm good :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
that little amount of weight won't actually make any noticeable difference at all, the manufacturer HP isn't to the wheels, so there with be some loss in that number to the wheels. so a normal soul will only have roughly 120-130, with an intake, it'll be on the higher end of 130. even at 140, it's still really sensitive to rotational mass and weight on on the wheels. but odds are, with such a small difference with the wheels, and as long as you don't get crazy wide and heavy tires, you'd be good!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I might if the engine ever tears up but idk. These souls do have quite a bit of space under the hood lol As far as the SVT wheels, I think its falling into the same category lol. I think ill just drop it 2" so the 15s look better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts