Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the begining the map/software update cost for the 2014 Soul has been about $70 each year. This year I see it jumped to $149 which is the same price as the others.
I did a chat with MnSoft and the first response was it has always been $149 for all Soul models since 2015. I told him to look up my account and see what I paid each year, it was about $70.

With that proof of what I was saying there was a new explanation. Those were only software updates. Uh.....no. I told him each year was a map update, I could see it around Tampa Airport where big changes were made and the new maps reflect it. In addition I gave him my map version and what a surprise (to him) I am on last years map.

So we were back to what triggered doubling the price. He put me on hold, and when he came back he took my phone number and said they will have to look into it, then his third new reason was mentioned, it looks like the previous years were a "mistake." My opinion is it won't change back.
However if anyone else (2014 model ONLY) has bought the updates before maybe contacting them as I did and ask why it doubled in cost could help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a 2014 when they first came out. At the time most of the UVO features were missing and were supposed to be coming in a future update. That update came out with release of the 2015 Soul and it ended up being a paid update that was about $70 as a "courtesy" basically paying for the map portion and not the other updates. Needles too say I called and complained and after some back and forth got it free. I guess they figured by now whoever wanted that original update has it and you are paying for all the regular map and software updates just like everyone else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts