Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why does humanity want to improve on perfection? The Old Soul was very close to the perfect car .. interior which was easy to wash down, very comfortable, etc. However, improved gas mpg is always a good idea. And it seems they did away with the nice little storage for sunglasses .. moved the heater vents too high. Too bad Kia .. I guess my next car is a Ferrari.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The 2014 Kia Soul is disgusting, I mean both inside and out. You take a look at it, it's very unappealing to the eye. I have no idea what Kia was thinking when they designed this car. Don't even get me started on that interior.... Reminds me of something out of those hideous Nissan Cubes.

The 2012-2013 Soul's are the best lookin' models.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
The 2014 Kia Soul is disgusting, I mean both inside and out. You take a look at it, it's very unappealing to the eye. I have no idea what Kia was thinking when they designed this car. Don't even get me started on that interior.... Reminds me of something out of those hideous Nissan Cubes.

The 2012-2013 Soul's are the best lookin' models.
unless your a person who owns the 2010-2011 models ;) there is no such thing as a perfect vehicle, no matter who builds it!

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's always my Kia Soul/Cub concept Combo..............you get fries with it ;)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Why does humanity want to improve on perfection? The Old Soul was very close to the perfect car .. interior which was easy to wash down, very comfortable, etc. However, improved gas mpg is always a good idea. And it seems they did away with the nice little storage for sunglasses .. moved the heater vents too high. Too bad Kia .. I guess my next car is a Ferrari.
if that was the case I wouldn't have waited till they did all the upgrades and changes to the 2012 model, I did not want the 2011 model. The upgrades paid off for Kia big time:
sales 2010 - 67,110
sales 2011 - 102,267
sales 2012 - 115,778

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Change is inevitable. I just wish Kia wouldve changed the Soul a little more gradually. I think that's what's appealing about the Mini. Its changed so slooooowly that it still maintains the look of a Mini.

·
Registered
98 Posts
not trying to start trouble and I love my 13 ! but I got to drive my Son's R-spec Hyundai and his wifes 13 Sante Fe..... I don't think Hyundai is giving Kia all the goods, there were some things to really set them apart from Kia and I wish Kia had them too.... not everything but fit and finish, dash info, etc...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I am waiting for the 2014, better quality interior, less of the hard plastics (that scratch easily), suspension & chassis overhauled, blown in sound insulation,.... so Kia has addressed the issues owners & critics complained about. Visibility with narrower front pillars improved. (A main complaint of mine with the Tucson). Will test drive to see which I like better the + or ! as far as ride quality. The only options might be the sunroof as it comes pretty well equipped. Not into all the navigation stuff...know how to read a map! Pandora radio sounds great to me, have my OPPO blu-ray player with it so listen to internet radio via my home audio system. There are some exterior exchanges but do like the new grill. Heard the sitting position is higher which is great for short people...and bad backs. The wider lift-gate is a no brainer...can't imagine anyone complaining of that change.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts