Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first issue I had with my soul. When your soul runs down to empty (gas light may not even come on to warn you, it didn't for me) and you have trouble starting up after refueling (need to feather your gas pedal) check your fuel filter. There is a fuel filter on generation 1 souls that needs to be replaced every 30k and as confirmed by my Kia dealer, the ignition problem is a direct result of a dirty or clogged filter. Everyone I've seen always points directly to the starter or the fuel pump or any other variety of things when the solution is likely very simple. Just a word of advice since it is a common and seemingly overlooked issue.

2010 Soul 2.0 Auto w/ 172,xxx miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gas gauge still functioned throughout the problem but the gas warning light for low fuel did not come on for me until the issue was repaired.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A simple solution, DON'T IGNORE YOUR GAS GAUGE! For over the 60 or so years that I've been driving, there has always been a Gas Gauge on the dash panel to tell me when the tank is getting low. This idiot light on the panel is something new and I think in 2.5 years, and 32k miles, I've only seen it once.

My SOP is to just watch the gauge and when it gets down to around 1/4 tank, I start looking for a friendly gas station to get a fill up.
It a little thing, but can prevent a whole bunch of problems.

I never trust idiot lights! They're called that for a good reason! rofl

:cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
A simple solution, DON'T IGNORE YOUR GAS GAUGE! For over the 60 or so years that I've been driving, there has always been a Gas Gauge on the dash panel to tell me when the tank is getting low. This idiot light on the panel is something new and I think in 2.5 years, and 32k miles, I've only seen it once.
I guess you never drove an old Beetle. The early ones didn't have a gas gauge.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,651 Posts

My SOP is to just watch the gauge and when it gets down to around 1/4 tank, I start looking for a friendly gas station to get a fill up.
It a little thing, but can prevent a whole bunch of problems.

I never trust idiot lights! They're called that for a good reason! rofl

:cool:
Exactly right.

I tend to fill at around 1/2. I'll go longer if on a trip. But at 1/4 I WILL fill.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Techno said: "My SOP is to just watch the gauge and when it gets down to around 1/4 tank, I start looking for a friendly gas station to get a fill up."

What if they are not friendly and talk mean to you or your soul?
Will you still fill up or continue along until a more sociable station presents itself?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Techno said: "My SOP is to just watch the gauge and when it gets down to around 1/4 tank, I start looking for a friendly gas station to get a fill up."

What if they are not friendly and talk mean to you or your soul?
Will you still fill up or continue along until a more sociable station presents itself?

You funny! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts