Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The modules don't add anything but an "effect" on startup. Without them, your LED foggies will just "turn on" without the flash and "coming up" effect. It is meant to act just like my HID kit.

I got these LED foggies from Shark WITH those modules. I have not installed them yet since San Diego is currently in one of these "over 100" hot spells. I'll probably get around to REMOVING the front bumper cover to do this next week.

If you don't care for the "effect"....or don't want to cut the two wires going to each foggy to put these inline, I'd just get the lights. Then you just pop them in the stock housing and plug them back in, no cutting, crimping, etc.

I got 'em because I already am running HID heads and the effect would be nice WITHOUT me dealing with another set of HIDs and ballasts. I hooked one of the LED lights to a 12VDC Radio Shack power supply, and the damn thing lit up the whole front room!

It looked like I was holding one of my HID capsules and scared the HELL out of my roomie ;p

Buy THESE if you want LED....and from Shark. I'm now having problems with some cheap ebay stuff and "Pep Boys" LED panels. They start "flashing" a couple of the LEDs real fast (likely cheap resistors). I've not had ANYTHING from Shark start doing this. I'll have to order a set of interior LED panels from Shark, and THROW AWAY the ones I built from cheap chinese panels.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm definitely curious as well... found some Fogs locally that look like they woudl fit, but I'd rather make sure I get quality and LEDs would be so much better than Halogens anyhow

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll probably get around to REMOVING the front bumper cover to do this next week.

For those of us who don't have fogs at all (but really want them) there is an aftermarket alternative available that I'm considering which includes the housing. (My dealer has said that to put OEMs in requires a new engine harness -- very costly.) So removing the bumper cover is what's required to do this? I realize you're only changing the bulbs but will you do a DIY sticky for us?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'll post pics, because I need to take pics with the bumper cover off for any future projects. I also HAVE to take the bumper cover off to do this, so I can also reach the bolt I used to install the airhorn and tighten it corectly. Will take a couple pics of where I have that installed as well. Maybe I'll find some clues with what to do with my "clothes dryer hose" CAI as far as MOUNTING the dumb thing somewhere if I see more frontend.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anyone have any good tips on how to change the bulbs out?

edit: before I click the buy button just wanted to make sure I won't have issues with the police or anything.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Dunno.....but I find that just not being a spectacle does WONDERS for having police merely admire the mods on my Soul, and never bug me ONE bit for having HIDs in a reflective housing, 35% tint on my two side FRONT windows, etc.

Don't think having a pair of "white" foggies are going to attract more attention than anything else that might technically be illegal. I just wouldn't do something REALLY annoying like STROBES in the lights, having the foggies aimed real high so they dazzle, etc. I purposely aimed the HID heads just a tad lower when I noticed they aimed a little higher than the stock halogens (Some subtle geometry change with the light source)

BEST thing you can do, is just not act a fool and attract attention. A stop for "Exhibition of speed" because I start "goosing" the intakes (CAI), would almost INVITE the Bobbies to start combing my car for infractions. Fortunately, I've done QUITE a few things I might get "popped" for, but nothing I can't put back to stock in a few minutes if need be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts