Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Soul is a little over 2 years old and the driver side floor mat has a hole in it where I usually have my foot while driving. Anybody else have this problem? I can understand if that happens on a much older car - but after only 2 years?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've worn heel-holes in all of the carpet mats in my cars. They are a wear item that protects the carpet underneath from soiling, etc... Next time get the all-weather ones.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My Soul is a little over 2 years old and the driver side floor mat has a hole in it where I usually have my foot while driving. Anybody else have this problem? I can understand if that happens on a much older car - but after only 2 years?
Isn't that the point of floor mats, to protect the flooring?
I put black all weather mats over my original floor mats, and I know I know... it might cause sudden acceleration because it gets caught on the accelerator, but I guess I'm smarter than your average Toyota owner.

·
Registered
690 Posts
oem Soul mat I have looks/feels about same quality as my Lexus floor mats and still looks good.

only cheap OEM mats I know are for Miatas. sake of saving few ounces here and there, miata mats same very common similar faith as you have experienced. Mazda has no questions ask replacement policy so you may want to try that with KIA dealer and see what they say. If its a rare occurrence dealer will probably deny replacement. you may opt for all weather mat since they will be more durable but any "pointy" shoes will cause excessive wear/tear on the same area.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
My mat started showing excessive wear in the same spot after 3 or 4 months. I too got the Kia fitted mats before it got any worse. The kia all weather mats have holes to secure them in place so you avoid any movement issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The first thing we did after we bought our Soul was buy a set of the OEM all-weather rubber mats and have not had a wear problem with them.

We like the all-weather mats because we live out in the country on a gravel road, actually we live on a small farm, our driveway is gravel. We keep our car in a partially enclosed carport with a gravel floor.

Our Lil Alien is a country Soul, lol. When the roads are muddy we drive our 86 4-Runner.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
definitely way cheap mats for sure - had to get a second set within months b/c edges began to fray and i too did what kfergiez did and put all weather rubber protection on top of second set....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts