Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is not very much heat blowing out towards the floor; there is some, but not as much as I had in previous vehicles. Is this a Soul weakness or do I possibly have some misdirection or obstruction in my unit? The other vent directions seem to be working fine.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
- Have you checked your cabin filter to make sure its clean.
- How's the heat coming through to the rear from the floor heat ducts under the seat vs coming out below the dash.
- Is the heat coming out below the dash any different from the drivers side vs the passengers side?

It's certainly not a weakness on my Soul, one of the best heaters I've ever had a vehicle - fantastic heat and we get some cold temperatures.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check the cabin air filter, but at 4000 miles, I shouldn't think it's too dirty. The passenger side is the same. The back seat floor ducts I wasn't that concerned about because I never have anyone riding in the back. I'll check them tomorrow, all the same. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I haven't put my hand down to check air flow from the floor vents but when set to only floor (As automatic normally is for heat) there is no want for more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
same complaint here 2012 soul and no floor heat!!! I have almost 30,000 miles and have never checked the cabin air filter--will do so this weekend. my dash vents and defrost seem fine--just my feet get cold

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have a 2012 and the floor heat is roasting hot! There may be a thermostat stuck open or an obstruction or the hoses got routed wrong, but take it from me the heater works superb in any place you direct it (top /middle/ bottom). At least on a 2012 it does.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've made the same experience on my Soul 2014 which I bought in August. I am literally freezing my toes off, now that the temperature is droping. It doesn't heat well, not compared to my first car.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
All of mine have had good heat on the floor given the rear heat vents which seem to blow about the same as up front. But when on the dash or defrost setting there is more heat and air than the floor mode. But I have so far not frozen my toes or not even considered them cold.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
I presume that the ones that are having the heat problem, have turned the fan on to the first speed at least and the temperature dial is in the full red zone - just saying! :sneakiness:

If you are not getting great heat then take it back to the dealer to find out, could be a blocked vent, or a door flap not operating correctly or stuck.
If you are getting lots of heat from the vents on the dash and windshield and not the floor then obviously its not a heat problem per say.

·
Registered
994 Posts
2014 soul + purchased new. While our heat generally works fine, I'd say ours is similar to yours in that floor heat is there, but it's definitely not cozy.
Greg

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Mine works just fine, and quick too! By the time I've driven the three blocks to the nearest pavement, I've got HEAT!

:cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I presume that the ones that are having the heat problem, have turned the fan on to the first speed at least and the temperature dial is in the full red zone - just saying! :sneakiness:

If you are not getting great heat then take it back to the dealer to find out, could be a blocked vent, or a door flap not operating correctly or stuck.
If you are getting lots of heat from the vents on the dash and windshield and not the floor then obviously its not a heat problem per say.
No, the fan speed is as high as it will go and no matter what temperature I choose, the dial is ususally set to a comfy 22 to 24 °C (not °F!), I barely feel anything. Even if I only choose just the option for footwell heating. Will ask the dealer next time I see him.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
the ones that are having the problems, is it manual or automatic climate control?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've go an automatic climate control, but that doesn't matter because it is the same, wether it is turned on or off.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
just trying to establish whether this heat problem might be just on auto models only, just not familiar enough with that system to comment as mine is a manual operating system.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, maybe I am just to nit-picky, because there is some 'heat/warmth', but not enough to really warm my feet when the car is cold. Compared to my Kia Picanto's footwell-heating, giving it a 100%, I would rate the Soul at about 25 to 30%. I can't even feel which direction the heat/warm air is coming from.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
Well, maybe I am just to nit-picky, because there is some 'heat/warmth', but not enough to really warm my feet when the car is cold. Compared to my Kia Picanto's footwell-heating, giving it a 100%, I would rate the Soul at about 25 to 30%. I can't even feel which direction the heat/warm air is coming from.
........and the Picanto was probably a manual system, am I right?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I see one thing you need to change though it won't change air flow. On the 2014 Soul at least you need to be higher than 25 C, more at 28 C, (78 F) to stay hot. Others have reported the same thing in other threads. When you say a comfy 25 C that isn't on the 2014 model.

While not bitter cold it was 25 F (-4 C) two nights ago and I used floor only using automatic at 79 F and it completely warmed the cabin and my feet. So it seems like there has to be some problem if someone isn't getting that.

And I agree how fast it heats up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've tried that as well, believe me, turning the heat up, I mean. Heat up, airflow up as far as it will go. And yes, the Picanto had a manual climate control. But you can turn automatic climate control on and off in the Soul and I mostly choose airflow, heat and direction/destination of the airflow manually myself anyway, so I don't see what the difference should be?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts