Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a Kia Soul owner for just a few months now and I really like and enjoy driving it. Recently I noticed a sound that has me worried. On start up there is a loud ticking. At first I thought it was a lifter but the sound comes and goes. It will be there then suddenly its gone almost like flipping a switch on and off. Can anyone help figure this out?

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Been a Kia Soul owner for just a few months now and I really like and enjoy driving it. Recently I noticed a sound that has me worried. On start up there is a loud ticking. At first I thought it was a lifter but the sound comes and goes. It will be there then suddenly its gone almost like flipping a switch on and off. Can anyone help figure this out?
I can’t see anywhere in your profile or post about what year and engine your Kia Soul has?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I realize these engines are naturally a bit noisy compared to similar engines but this ticking noise is noticeably louder than normal. When the temperature is in the 20's on start up the ticking drowns out the sound of the engine idling then it just stops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts