Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2016 Soul EV (not a +), which we've been leasing since April last year. Prior to that we leased a 2012 Leaf and 2014 Leaf. I'm on my second L2 evse in the garage, and I like showing my car at events like NDEW, and for my club, evadc.org

Greetings!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Pat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2016 soul ev+ w/ the panoramic sunroof. it had the hov carpool lane sticker still valid.

first thing I want to voice to this forum, is that it should have it's own separate EV section.

a few issues I'd like to point out. first, get the software update. chaedmo DC quick charging goes up to 94% SOC after the update. the software in the UVO head unit can be updated too thru the UVO display setup menu

the second thing I wish to point out to ICE soul owners looking to go electric is, the warranty remains 10yr/100k miles for power train, including the drivetrain battery, that transfers to subsequent owners. this warranty transfer is ONLY for the Soul EV, not kia ICE or hybrid cars.

CA hybrid law still mandates manufacturers to warranty 8yr/100k miles for drivetrain and battery. but Kia honors the 10yr/100k drivetrain warranty for subsequent owners.

for Kia to considered the battery for replacement, the SOC has to be less than 70%, meaning it cannot hold charge over 70%, or falls under 70%, which ever way you want to see the cup half empty or full. that is a great peace of mind knowing that they will replace that battery if it degrades and falls under 70% for 10yr/100k miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts