Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, in AZ with new 2017 Inferno Red Turbo Soul bought 4th of July. Love this snappy car but joined forum to discuss issue with extremely thin, orange peel defective paint finish.

Chips from day one everywhere down to bare metal. Detailed at 125 miles and shop said also has orange peel, result of poor factory paint job. Have a 2013 Elantra also, and nearly zero chips.

Look forward to living and learning the Soul life.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,636 Posts
Is paint covered under warranty? Git on over to your dealer. Buyer should check paint before buying but sometimes we forget. You probably won't forget again.

Welcome to Soul Corners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did inspect the paint tyvm, however depth of finish is impossible to determine without sanding to bare metal and having micron depth checked by a professional body shop. As for orange peel appearance of finish, it wasn't immediately noticeable until in the bright morning sunlight few days after I had it home.

Was overcast the day/hour we purchased

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Are you driving on gravel roads, my Soul will be two years old on Nov 10Th and I have zero paint chips.Admittedly I have Expel clear on front of car, but the rest of the car is also chip free.

Pat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm surprised to hear that any new car would leave the factory with this type of problem but I guess it still happens. I would get in touch with the dealer immediately and see what they can do.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,636 Posts
I'm surprised to hear that any new car would leave the factory with this type of problem but I guess it still happens. I would get in touch with the dealer immediately and see what they can do.
Me too, a carnut friend was always remarking about the great paint on my '15 Soular Yellow Soul. But humans err, so do 'bot painters apparently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts